VirTek (Joliet, IL) provides managed and data network consulting services and solutions for small to mid-size businesses located throughout the Chicagoland area. Our clients extend across many vertical markets, each one utilizing various technologies in unique ways.
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer to join our growing organization. You will join an elite team of engineers who are serving our nearly 100 clients in the Chicagoland area and beyond. You'll serve as a liaison to a dedicated subset of our clients, and will help them solve business problems with your expert technology guidance. With no two clients being alike, you'll have your hands in different environments, different technologies, and different atmospheres on a day-to-day basis.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for performing Tier 2 / Tier 3 level designing, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the diverse range of computer, servers, and LAN/WAN systems and equipment inclusive of switches, routers, firewalls and networking devices.
This is a full time, direct hire position.
To be considered for the position you MUST have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of related experience in the following:
- Planning, deployment, troubleshooting, and maintaining data network environments, including network servers (hardware and software), data protection, data backup, and data storage solutions.
- Tier 2 / Tier 3 level support for LAN/WAN systems and equipment inclusive of switches, routers, firewalls and networking devices.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft technologies - Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, Hyper-V, O365 Migration, Remote Desktop Server, WSUS, SCCM (certifications a huge plus).
- Must possess considerable experience deploying and maintaining Virtualized systems - VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix (certifications a huge plus).
- Strong routing and switching (networking) experience - Cisco, HP (HPE), Juniper Networks, and others (certifications a huge plus).
- Thorough knowledge in the deployment and support of firewall and VPN technologies - Cisco ASA, SonicWALL, and others.
- Strong experience with wireless networking technologies - Cisco, Meraki, Ubiquiti, Aruba, Aerohive, Ruckus, and others.
- Substantial knowledge of data protection and security solutions - Barracuda, Anti-Virus / Anti- Malware products, and others.
- Strong knowledge with data backup solutions such as Veeam, Unitrends (UEB), Barracuda, Symantec / Veritas, and others.
- Data storage - Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), RAID, HPE, EMC, Dell, and others.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and remedy critical network issues.
- This is a senior level consulting engineer - candidate must have the experience to not only implement technology solutions, but be able to serve as a technical leader.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems for VirTek clients located throughout the Chicagoland Area.
- Infrastructure design, troubleshooting and system management.
- Provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Serving as an expert resource to our clients for various tasks and projects.
- Maintain, deploy, upgrade, and troubleshoot, network consisting of Cisco switches, Cisco routers, Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Maintain, deploy, upgrade, and troubleshoot Microsoft Server network environments.
- Continue personal / professional development mastering a wide range of network environments, and continuing to expand your skillset as the technology landscape evolves.
- Energetic, dynamic, assertive personality.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills. Excellent at communicating in a way that makes sense to non-technical people (face-to- face and written).
- Passion for providing customer oriented hands-on quality service.
- Engaged, self-motivated, hands-on creative individual.
- Must be able to articulate technology and product position.
- Demonstrates loyalty, team work and strong work ethic.
- Mature, personable, confident, energetic professional who has successfully worked as part of a team.
Come and Join the VirTek Team!!
VirTek offers the following benefits for all regular employees:
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
- Internal Training Programs
- External Seminar Training and Certification
- Casual Dress Code
- Recognition of Accomplishments
- Family Atmosphere
- 15 Days PTO Your First Year
- Medical/Dental Benefits with very low co-payment
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
VirTek was founded with the goal of helping small to medium-sized businesses realize the potential of their technology investments. We have a team of dedicated engineers that provide state of the art technology support and services which allows our clients to seamlessly integrate technology into their business. We have experienced great success and look forward to identifying and adding quality people to our VirTek family.