Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and pass e-verify as we are not sponoring at this time
Must have strong business development experience with a current client base
Must live in Minnesota and have current Professional Engineer license
Are you looking for a new and rewarding career opportunity with a growing, fun fast-paced company? We are looking for a senior level Geotechnical Engineer who is interested in growing this part of our business. If you want a career where you can make an immediate impact with your experience, and have the opportunity to work along side a team of true dedicated and passionate experts, please read below about our awesome opportunity and what we are looking for in greater detail.
Element is one of the fastest growing Testing, Inspection and Certification ("TIC") companies in the world, growing both organically and by acquisition and is the largest independent materials testing organization in the USA. Element's laboratories are staffed by experts specializing in materials testing, product qualification testing and failure analysis for the Aerospace, Oil and Gas, and Transportation and Industrial market sectors. Element employees over 1,500 scientists, engineers, technicians and support staff who are located in 42 facilities within the US and Europe. We recognize that our employees are the key to our current and future success and that they are therefore our most valued resource.
Our Vision is to be the best independent materials and product qualification testing partner in the world providing the highest quality results upon which our customers can depend. We are looking for someone shares this vision to assist us in achieving our mission of becoming the world's most trusted testing partner.
OVERVIEW OF YOUR NEW CAREER WITH ELEMENT MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY:
The primary function of the Senior Geotechnical Engineer is to generate sales through relationship marketing, managing projects to ensure jobs are completed timely, professionally and within project budgets, and manage and develop Geotechnical Project Engineers, and Drilling Crew Personnel to provide "best-in-class" service to our clients.
KEY DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES AS A SENIOR GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER:
- Responsible for Geotechnical staff, equipment allocations, schedules and costs to ensure the timely completion of projects and to minimize potential delays
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with company procedures and regulatory agencies requirements
- Responsible for marketing and developing the business in the Geotechnical field. Develop $300,000 of Geotechnical business annually. Submit an average of 10 new proposals a month
- Maintain a base of clients; Responsible for yearly sales, customer service, account management and development of client relationships.
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcing safety procedures to conform to appropriate company procedures, standards and regulatory agencies' regulations.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS WE NEED YOU TO HAVE:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with current P.E. registration, preferably in Minnesota
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR CAREER:
- 5+ years experience in geotechnical engineering and drilling operations
- Current/active client base
- Strong sales background which includes new business development
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Geotechnical Drilling
- Experienced in interpreting topographical maps to determine soil boring locations, surface elevations and troubleshooting survey operations on numerous site conditions.
- Knowledge of industry regulations and standards (preferably MN/DOT, MPCA, etc.)
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle within Company policy. A valid Driver's license is required
- Experience managing a department budget
- Experience in interpreting testing procedures and requirements as well as writing proposals and reports
- Experience in managing complex business relationships, both internal and external, where conflicting priorities of team members must be managed with customer satisfaction, safety and quality are primary goal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel)
- Availability, flexibility, and maturity to represent the company at a broad range of events in the community, with customers and within the company
- Ability to remain calm when faced with mounting pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities
- Well developed oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs
- Ability to interface with clients, win new work and determine their requirements; develops proposals including cost estimates, work plan and terms and conditions
- Frequency of required physical force: Occasional (minimal).
- Lifting requirements: lifting 50lbs sporadically.
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50+lbs periodically
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors
We offer a very competitive compensation package and provide you with a comprehensive set of benefit plans and programs that provide you with options of significant value to assist in meeting your diverse needs, which include:
- Flexible and affordable health care benefit options
- A retirement savings plan that allows you to plan for your future
- Insurance to protect yourself and your family
- Programs to enhance your life
- Quarterly gain-sharing (profit sharing)
- Paid time off and paid holidays
We are Element, the recognized leader in Materials Testing, Product Qualification and Failure Analysis Services to the Aerospace, Oil and Gas and the Transportation Industrials sectors. We specialize in the testing of metals, polymers, ceramics and other advanced materials within multiple advanced industrial products and applications in these industry sectors. Our goal is to ensure these materials meet the requirements of their application, are of sufficient quality, are safe and comply with all appropriate industry testing standard requirements. Located in both the USA and Europe, we possess over 187 years of materials testing and product qualification testing experience and have successfully served such global industry leading companies as Boeing. Airbus, GE Aviation, Roll Royce, Shell, BP, Cameron, Allseas, Ford, GM, Chrysler, ABB and Siemens for many, many years. Following several years of significant organic growth and a number of recent, high profile acquisitions including MAR-TEST; Detroit Testing Laboratories; MERL; the Sherry Laboratories group; Delsen Testing Laboratories; GEVA, Accutek Testing Laboratories and most recently Environ Laboratories LLC of Minneapolis, we have rapidly grown to become the largest, dedicated materials testing organisations within the USA and are one of the fastest growing businesses within the global Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) market.