3 months ago
SENIOR FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER - DULUTH GA
Our client is an industry leader in factory automation products and
solutions is seeking a Senior Field Application Engineer to support
the Eastern territory.
The position is located in Duluth, GA and requires 25-50% travel for
training and application support within North America, Europe and
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for products and applications to sales
channel personnel and key accounts. May also develop and/or deliver
technical training to customers, distributors and company personnel on
all company products.
- Prioritize support activities to align with the national and
regional sales strategies focusing on target accounts
- Provide on-site application engineering and product consulting.
- Serve as the escalated technical resource (subject matter expert
[SME]) to Advanced Automation Solution Providers (top channel
designation), Systems Integrators, and top distributors.
- Maintain technical documents and documentation on company products,
- Develop technical/application notes where applicable, detailing
start-up procedures of new products.
- Maintain current knowledge of new products and applications, through
self-study, hands-on testing of demo units, and seminar attendance.
- Provide technical product and solution training to customers,
distributors and company personnel on company products. Actively
identify opportunities for custom training classes.
- Deliver presentations to external organizations or entities.
- Document support case data utilizing CRM.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience with PLC, VFD, HMI, Motion Control, Servos, Control
Networks and other industrial automation technologies.
- Ability to develop and maintain in-depth, up-to-date technical
knowledge, including the latest company products, and to serve as
escalated technical resource (subject matter expert [SME]).
- Technical writing skills.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to operate effectively as part of a team.
- Customer service and phone skills.
- Professional, patient, positive, confident communication style and
- Ability to write and perform technical product and solution training
- Organization skills, ***. for documents, demos, work area and time
BENEFICIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong background in PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and networking, process
control and IEC 1131 programming standards is preferred
- Strong background in multi-axis motion control applications and
application software development
- Some experience with PC hardware and software required with specific
experience in industrial applications is preferred
- Ability to conduct detailed engineering level discussions regarding
customer applications by phone, on-line meeting, or in person
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of application experience with industrial automation
12 days ago
only 16 days until close