about 1 month ago
Honeywell Process Solutions is looking for an APC Pulp& Paper Engineer to support our Advanced Solutions business. The preferred location is Atlanta, Georgia,but all locations would be considered.
Honeywell Process Solutions is a pioneer in automation control,instrumentation and services for the oil and gas; refining; pulp and paper;industrial power generation; chemicals and petrochemicals; biofuels; lifesciences; and metals, minerals and mining industries. HPS offers technologies that extendinformation and knowledge from the plant floor to the board room andcomprehensive lifecycle services that help ensure more productive and stableoperations. HPS is part of Honeywell's Performance Materials and Technologiesstrategic business group.
Sr APCPulp & Paper Engineer Responsibilities:
* Lead and support advanced process controlapplications.
* Implement advanced control solutions, anddevelopment of simulation and control model schemes for customers within thePulp and Paper, refining, petrochemical, and chemical industries.
* Perform application benefit studies.
* Develop inferential property estimators,advanced regulatory control as well as multivariable control and optimization.
* Perform dynamic model identification andcontrol application testing and acceptance.
* Provide sales support, participate in proposaldevelopment, and provide customer training.
* Provide technical direction and mentoring toother engineers, specialists, and customers within a support role for AdvancedProcess Control and Optimization applications.
* The Sr Engineer will be involved in phases ofthe project scope from conception through to post acceptance support andmaintenance.
* Responsible for the technical execution of thescope of work within the project schedule and cost budget.
* Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
* A minimum of 15 years' experience in closed loop Multivariable Predictive Controller (MPC) implementation including functional designs, detailed designs, step testing, dynamic model identification, simulation, testing, commissioning, training, support, and maintenance within different Pulp and Paper, Chemical and Refining processes.
* A minimum of 15 years' experience in technical mentoring and leading in Multivariable Predictive Control, Inferential Property and Advanced Regulatory Control applications in Pulp and Paper, Chemical and Refining industry.
* Advanced degree is highly desirable.
* ? Familiar with at least one DCS system including but not limited to: Honeywell Experion, Honeywell TPS, Foxboro IA, Emerson DeltaV, among others
* Experience implementing MPC projects using Honeywell Profit Controller or Aspen's DMC
At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Join us on our quest!
We offer a team oriented environment along with exciting career opportunities and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up:
13 days ago
only 15 days until close