2 months ago
Position Title Sales Manager - Automotive OEM - OH #2588
Location Columbus OH
The sales manager develops new customer relationships and new business opportunities in market segments outside the Company's traditional (heavy truck) market base, and manages those relationships until they develop into well-established accounts. The market manager travels as necessary to accomplish stated objectives (up to 50%).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conduct business with the highest standards of ethical behavior and in compliance with Company rules and procedures.
2. Research prospective markets and specific companies to assess opportunities for promoting and selling the Company's products. Develop business cases advocating selected markets, and land new multi-million dollar opportunities annually.
3. Become industry expert of market dynamics, competitive analysis, and Company capability in one or more assigned market segments.
4. Develop and nurture productive relationships within targeted companies to maximize the flow of information, create and capitalize on new business opportunities, and maintain profitable business.
5. Develop outstanding cross-functional working relationships with Company personnel at all levels.
6. Plan and prioritize personal activities and company contacts to achieve agreed business targets, including revenue and profitability, while managing personal time and productivity.
7. Support new program launches by monitoring and actively participating in launch-related project planning, team meetings and production trials, leading those activities as necessary, to ensure successful and timely launches.
8. Develop and negotiate long-term customer contracts that support business objectives, and monitor Company and customer obligations to ensure stated commitments are met in a timely way.
9. Prepare sales action plans and schedules, coordinating cross-functionally with Company personnel.
10. Develop and deliver presentations of Company products and services in response to specific customer requests (e.g., technical, quality, economic), and proactively to develop new opportunities.
11. Participate in relevant industry and market-specific trade shows and other events designed to highlight Company capabilities and attract the interest of targeted customers.
12. Learn and proactively communicate customer standards for suppliers to Company personnel.
13. Use a variety of customer contact and activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems. Record, report, analyze and administer according to established requirements.
14. Monitor and report on market and competitor activities, and provide relevant reports and information.
15. When necessary, escalate problems to appropriate levels of management, balancing the need to avoid negative commercial consequences with a desire to protect peer relationships.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor's Degree required. Bachelor's in Engineering preferred.
2. 5 + years' experience selling to OEM or Tier 1 suppliers in automotive, construction/agriculture, or marine.
3. Salary expectations.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close