about 1 month ago
*Candidates must be based in the Modesto or Stockton area
*BASE SALARY $60-65K + UNCAPPED COMMISSIONS (FIRST YEAR EARNINGS
Our client, a division of a Fortune 300 company, is one of the
world's leading industrial packaging equipment manufacturers
providing a vast array of sophisticated capital equipment and related
aftermarket products. Their success in the global marketplace is
based on a premium product range that is renowned for reliability, and
exceptional aftercare throughout the world. They are committed to
continued growth by investing in product innovation and human capital
(including comprehensive product and industry training).
As a result of their tremendous growth and strong commitment to
promoting from within, our client is seeking to hire a Sales
Engineer to become part of their entrepreneurial culture. This
position will be based from a home office and call on senior plant
personnel (Plant Managers & Maintenance Leaders) at some of the
largest companies spread across very diverse industries. A sample of
customers include: Nestle, Kraft, Coca-Cola, Ford, Miller, General
Mills, Johnson & Johnson, Duracell, etc.
_ABOUT THE POSITION _
The Sales Engineer is responsible for growing industrial capital
equipment sales in a defined territory.
1. ACHIEVE SALES TARGET
* Achieve consistent on-target performance based on annual sales
* Conduct quota of sales calls.
* Liase with existing customer base to ensure a high degree of
customer satisfaction translating into high levels of customer
* Provide regular, timely monthly reports on business activity.
* Provide support and assistance where necessary to other members of
the Sales Team, to ensure that the overall sales target is achieved.
* Perform on-site demonstrations of any technology when required.
Demonstrate a clear understanding of the range of products and a
strong knowledge of competitor offerings.
2. EXPLORE AND EXPLOIT MARKET OPPORTUNITIES
* Actively plan and execute projects, to discover new opportunities
in the marketplace.
* Provide feedback on all leads contacted.
* Attend Trade Shows and Exhibitions where appropriate.
3. WORK EFFECTIVELY
* Work effectively to minimize irrecoverable costs due to incorrect
specification of work.
* Ensure all business actions are followed up promptly and
* Ensure all necessary paperwork and e-mails are provided for every
* Present a professional image of the company, using the Multimedia
sales aid and other sales tools.
* Develop a close working relationship with your local Service
* Work closely with other Sales Engineers
* Prior industrial sales experience selling into manufacturing
companies. Preferably packaging equipment or industrial capital
equipment (stretch wrappers, palletizers, conveyors, forklifts, etc).
* Prefer candidates that have a technical background/education or
* Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Engineering degree a plus, but not required.
* Prior outside sales experience required, 3+ years.
* Ability to travel overnight
* Must be a self-starting individual capable of meeting sales
objectives and maintaining a steady work pace.
* Must be able to speak persuasively and fluently while selling a
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, or similar software
desired. Requires the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and
in writing, with people of various educational and technical
backgrounds, both inside and outside the company
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close