9 days ago
Sales Engineer (Connecticut- Northeast Territory)
Abrasive Technology is a world-leading innovator in the development and manufacturer of superabrasive grinding wheels and tools with locations around the globe. Our products shape the world around us every day ? providing grinding, cutting, drilling and polishing solutions for a wide variety of industrial materials.
We recognize change is constant and encourage our people to search for better solutions. In fact, the associates of Abrasive Technology are responsible for some of the industry's most dynamic innovations over the past 40 years, including the revolutionary P.B.S. braze.
The Abrasive Technology culture strongly promotes work/life balance. We maintain a worldwide manufacturing presence, as well as a system promoting agility and nimbleness. And our flat, collaborative structure provides unbridled opportunity for career and personal growth.
If you're driven by opportunity and seek a different way of thinking, we'd love to talk about how you may fit into our environment. Abrasive Technology currently has an opening for an energetic professional to join our Sales team. This position is located in Connecticut, preferably the Middletown, CT area.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* 3+ years of experience working in a sales role with a proven record of sales growth
* Strong strategic thinking skills
* Energetic, assertive, and with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization
* Experience selling a technical product in a manufacturing environment preferred
* Bachelor's degree in engineering preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Execute complex business negotiations for mutual benefit
* Build strong, trusting relationships with current and future customers
* Establish multiple level customer contacts. Comfortable discussing business strategy with the C-suite
* Identify business development opportunities and create strategic approach of how best to add value for our customer on a national and global level
* Work with marketing and customer service to create messaging, both verbal and visual, to most clearly express AT's value to its customers
* Effectively communicate "Value Proposition" to our customers
* Determine potential and optimized existing sales channels
* Establish technical competence of Abrasive Technology and a technical rapport with customers
* Define, achieve customer agreement, complete and document customer trials on new products/applications
* Communicate efficiently with our internal customer service team members as necessary
* Provide expertise for special projects, including trade shows, market research and product brochures/catalogues
* Approximately 70% travel required (Territory includes ME, NH, VT, RI, CT, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD & VA)
Abrasive Technology offers a competitive base and commission based compensation structure.
In addition to great starting wages, Abrasive Technology also offers our associates:
* Medical, dental and vision
* Fully company-paid profit sharing retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Paid Time Off, and
* PAID Plant Shutdown in December
A Drug Free Environment. An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close