3 months ago
Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning?s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D;, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world?s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at:
**Purpose of Position:**
Maximize the sale of Corning Optical Communications (COC) products within the Great Lakes US Territory to grow the business and ensure success of the company. Develop and execute a territory or account sales plan focused on delivering network solutions that leverage Corning?s comprehensive capabilities.
* Meet or exceed sales budgets for all telecommunications products assigned
* Develop Corning Optical Communication?s product and solutions knowledge sufficient to support markets
* Develop and execute written territory and/or account plans
* Generate new business and maintain existing customer account base
* Cooperate closely with Major Accounts Managers to support properties/systems in territory
* Ensure a balanced mix of sales calls to end users, distributors, contractors, and consultants, as appropriate, and provide ongoing training with these customer segments
* Diligent in documenting activities and reporting results (Salesforce.com)
* Manage expense and promotional budgets
* Submit timely, accurate, and thorough reports to the Regional Sales Manager
* Report competitive and quality concerns through Weekly Report
* Work with internal Product Line Management to address specific customer product needs
* Maximize Corning Optical Communication?s internal resources to meet customer needs
* Participate in regional and national trade shows
* Seeks career advancement or Long-Term Sales Career with Corning
* Continuous advanced product and professional skills training
* Mentor Sales Engineers and serve as a role model (activities directed by Regional Sales Manager)
* Product or industry specialist (as required)
* Participates in corporate assignments
* Assist Regional Sales Manager with corporate requested initiatives
* Additional travel to support regional customer needs
* Territory covered includes Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan
Job Title: Sales Engineer, Great Lakes, Carrier Networks
Reference #: 180466
* Strong Solution Selling Capabilities:
* Consultative Communication: Probes for information and shapes a customer discussion.
* Business Intellect: Understands customer pain points and the overall P&L; Statement.
* Mental Agility: Quickly adapts; can think and react on his/her feet.
* Organizational Agility: Builds relationships and works effectively within an organization.
* Collaboration: Shares vital information with key stakeholders to gain commitment.
* Leverages broad knowledge of our products, solutions and value proposition.
* Understands how Corning?s solutions provide value to the customer.
* Independent computer skills with Microsoft Office & Outlook, Salesforce.com
* Ability to express ideas in writing with clarity and brevity
* Ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously
* B.S. or B.A. degree required, technical discipline preferred
* Four (4) years of sales, marketing, product management or engineering experience
* Industry product knowledge preferred
* Valid driver?s license
* Travel required up to 75%
* Work independently & virtually from a home-based office in the Great Lakes Territory
**EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled.** 1f72f902b3be4df7b95e8b61335dd6a1
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close