about 1 month ago
Sales EngineerEmployee Type:Full-TimeLocation:Memphis, TNJob Type:Business Development, SalesExperience:At least 5 year(s)Date Posted:11/9/2016
At thyssenkrupp we have more than 155,000 employees in nearly 80 countries and annual sales of ?43 billion. We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, steel production, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world - but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
We strive to make cities the best ever places to live, by advancing an industry that moves over 1 billion people each day. We are transforming our business by driving the industry norm and challenging ourselves, fostering a culture of internal and external collaboration, and building on our unique engineering capabilities to optimize existing and create new products and solutions for our customers that cater to real mobility needs. thyssenkrupp Elevator brings together the Group's global activities in passenger transportation systems. With sales of 7.2 billion euros in fiscal 2014/2015 and customers in 150 countries, thyssenkrupp Elevator built its position as one of the world's leading elevator companies from scratch in a mere 40 years' time applying thyssenkrupp unique engineering capabilities. With more than 50,000 highly skilled employees, the company offers smart and innovative products and services designed to meet customers' individual requirements. The portfolio includes passenger and freight elevators, escalators and moving walks, passenger boarding bridges, stair and platform lifts as well as tailored service solutions for all products. Over 900 locations around the world provide an extensive sales and service network to guarantee closeness to customers.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with more than 15,500 employees, in over 230 branch and service locations. thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas oversees all business for the operations in the United States, Canada, Central and South America. It is a subsidiary of thyssenkrupp Elevator AG.
thyssenkrupp Elevator Americas is currently seeking an experienced Sales Engineer to join our world class team in Germantown, TN. This role achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company's products and/or related services.
Essential duties and responsiblities:
* Lead sales growth with customers by building strong customer relationships with decision makers for the East Region
* Network with customers, consultants and building managers and associates
* Annually increase overall share of field purchases
* Use a consistent and superior brand identity when making sales presentations
* Review proposed bids with district and branch management for completeness and accuracy, compliance of job requirements
* Consistently meet sales goals
* Receive and respond to written and oral questions related to bid opportunities
* Act as a mentor to Sales Representatives (Engineers) I, II &III while providing mentorship to the field sales' team
* Provide technical training opportunities as needed
* Attend monthly training sessions as needed with intention on presenting and formulating power point slides and/or Prezi presentations
* Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of company products by attending company training classes and studying factory equipment manuals and supplier information
* Possess a strong knowledge of local code requirements
* Visit building sites and works with local branch to ensure customers' needs are being met along with all contractual obligations
* Routinely perform presentations to internal and external customers
* Lead training classes for internal and external customers at moderate priority base
* Identify needs of the field and implement solutions to increase market share of TKE equipment
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree Business or relevant field required
* Seven or more years' experience working in the elevator industry
* Possess a high level of ethical standards and a strong sales and mechanical aptitude required
* High knowledge-base of TKE product offerings a plus
* Possess outstanding sales and customer service abilities
* Skilled in developing and promoting a team work environment
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Demonstrated ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, consultants building management and owners
* Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies and/or members of the business community
* Possess a high level of self-motivation and excellent time management skills
* Possess effective communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and internal networks
* Possess strong persuasive and interpersonal skills required
* Possess solid written and oral communication skills essential for the role
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Our offer to you
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years now and up till today. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp Elevator Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
North America, United States, Iowa, Cedar Rapids
$10k - $15k
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close