about 1 month ago
The South Region Logistics Route Engineer is responsible for leading and directing the region sponsored territory planning projects. Territory Planning projects are centered on optimizing the DSD delivery routes within a defined geographic area. The Logistics Route Engineer must be able to utilize proper software programs combined with the collaboration of local management teams to develop project plans and facilitate the seamless implementation of optimized routing changes.
* Utilize appropriated routing programs to design, create, and implement optimal routing solutions.
* Develop routing strategies and opportunities aligned with each Division's performance goals while maintaining excellent customer service levels.
* Collaborate with local management teams acting as the project lead to develop routing project plans and facilitate the implementation process for each division, including cross functional management participation.
* Track, analyze, and communicate performance of implemented solutions by using post reporting combined with weekly calls with division and region leadership.
* Train and coach division and location leaders on use of routing logic in the appropriate software and via fundamental routing practices setting the stage for successful routing maintenance and ownership at the local management level.
* Ability to perform independent, self directed analysis that will assist management in making strategic decisions while using information gathered from multiple sources including current performance software, Dean's back office platforms, and an internal sales data warehouse to help make these decisions.
* Provide project support and routing guidance to corporate DSD team on various initiatives, which include the network optimization initiative to assist in the plant and branch consolidations across the company.
* Plan and organize the ongoing TP strategic calendar of projects in order to accurately support AOP commitments.
Success requires the ability to understand the scope and difficultly of each projects and related tasks; break down work into the steps; develop schedules; determine realistic routing expectations; anticipate and adjusts for problems and roadblocks as they occur; accountable for measuring performance against divisional goals.
* Two or four year college degree strongly preferred
* Proficient with Route Programming: Experience with DR Track, Direct Route, Territory Pro and Appian Software strongly preferred
* Two years computerized routing experience on any routing platform preferred, transportation routing, route planning analyst.
* Must be highly skilled in Excel and Word; strong computer skills are necessary.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills needed in multiple project environment.
* Strong analytical skills and effective communication skills are required to reach across a variety of levels within the organization.
* Ability to influence management teams to maximize routing solutions
* Some travel required- up to 50%
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close