RDI Technology Partners is an engineering and technology search firm. We are working on a high-priority search for an experienced RF/Analog Design Engineer, preferably with DoD experience. Our client is flexible on level of experience, whether principal, senior or mid-level. Our global San Diego client is ready to hire today and is an established and proven leader in specialized flight hardware, communication systems and software for both government and commercial sectors.
You will be performing new and sustaining RF/Analog detailed design and development, including system and module level design and definition, schematic capture, circuit design' along with derating and Worst Case Analysis (WCA) among many other exciting and interesting RF engineering design tasks. You will also be working on cool products.
This exciting and challenging permanent direct-hire position has room for upward mobility within the organization, a strong compensation/benefits plan and zero travel. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency with ability to qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance is required so please no candidates on visas or in need of sponsorship. Some relocation assistance may be provided in the form of a hiring bonus.
We would be happy to discuss this position in greater detail and then forward on the detailed position information. Please let us know if you have interest in learning more or possibly know someone else who may want to hear about this great opportunity. Our client is ready to hire today!
Our client is ready to hire today - they are seeking a talented RF design engineer with a solid understanding of satellite communications systems, with an emphasis on RF and analog design.
- Performs new and sustaining RF/Analog detailed design and development, including:
- System and module level design and definition.
- Schematic capture.
- Circuit design.
- Derating and Worst Case Analysis (WCA).
- Prepare and present engineering design concepts and data results for Initial Design Review (IDR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Estimate task schedules and budgets (BOEs) for programs, proposals and IR&D efforts.
- Support internal peer design reviews, design verification testing of engineering unit and oversight of design through production.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency with ability to qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required; MSEE degree preferred.
- 3+ years of direct RF and analog design experience required; 5+ years preferred.
- Familiarity with transmitter and receiver architecture design is a must.
- Transmitter design: gain distribution, linearity, modulation formats (PM, BPSK, QPSK), synthesizer architecture, and EVM performance.
- Receiver front end design: Noise figure, dynamic range, acquisition and tracking threshold, and BER performance.
- Strong simulation experience is required with some of these tools: ADS, PSPICE, MWO, SystemVue, MATLAB, OrCAD, micro-cap.
- Bench-level troubleshooting and test equipment experience.
- Solid understanding of EMI/EMC requirements and implementation methods to meet product requirements.
- Ability to complete design/project goals with minor supervision.
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal).
Pluses (not required but preferred)
- Aerospace industry experience.
- System level simulation with modulated waveforms.
- Experience with the challenges associated with designing space qualified hardware and an understanding of analog and IC circuit design.
RDI Technology Partners provides permanent direct-hire placement and contract staffing services within the IT, software engineering and electrical/mechanical engineering disciplines.
Our founder has nearly 30 years in technology professional services. Visit our web site for our true "market differentiation", as well as our current "Hot" job openings. Our clients are ready to hire today...