This position supervises and directs the daily operation of the Mechanics and Inspectors supporting the Retail Services operations. The development of the assigned staff, management of work quality and quantity, plus delivery of completed vehicles will be primary responsibility.
- Supervise the activities of a team of mechanics and mechanical inspectors to complete a detailed mechanical inspection, prepare reconditioning estimates and then complete repairs as approved by the customer.
- Supervise the proper staging, flow and inspection of vehicles processed through the Retail Services Inspection/Mechanical operation to meet customer requirements and timely completion of available vehicles
- Establish production goals for Mechanical repair/Inspection shop employees and determine manpower levels and schedules based on anticipated business volume.
- Oversee the quality control inspection of vehicles according to Manheim Retail Service standards.
- Oversee maintenance and protection of shop equipment. Control the use of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Ability to complete minor to complex diagnosis and repairs to all vehicle systems including:
- Drivability diagnosis and repairs, including complete working knowledge of vehicle operating system and scan/electronic tools utilized in drivability repairs
- Complete vehicle electrical system diagnosis and repairs, including but not limited to lighting, drivetrain electrical, interior/dash and accessories
- Major engine mechanical and driveline component diagnosis, repair and replacement including engine, transmission, differential.
- Complete A/C system repairs including evacuate and recharge system. Must have Macs 609 certification to complete these repairs.
- Maintain assigned work area and overall shop in clean and safe manner at all times.
- Perform all assigned work in a safe and conscientious manner at all times as directed by management and Manheim?s safety standards.
- Handle and dispose of all fluids as defined by MSDS and in accordance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Create and maintain vehicle history and maintenance records as defined/directed by management.
- Assures prompt repairs by interfacing and coordinating with vendors and other Manheim associates for parts and repairs.
- Coach, counsel, and discipline employees as necessary. Plan, monitor and evaluate job performance. Complete and/or assist Mechanical Manager with performance appraisals and other performance management processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- 3+ years of automotive service and repair experience; 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- 5 ASE certifications are preferred.
- Ability to write estimates that meet customer guidelines and contractual compliance.
- Must have personal hand/air/cordless tools to perform all duties.
- Must continue training to maintain current A.S.E. status and to meet with technology changes as they occur.
- Industry certifications such as electrical and A/C desired.
- Front end, suspension and brake certifications desired.
- Computer and Scan tool/drivability diagnosis knowledge preferred.
- Dealership and manufacturers certification required.
- Must have diesel and transmission experience.
- OEM Mechanical Certification Preferred.
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader?, Dealer.com ?, Dealertrack?, Kelley Blue Book?, Manheim?, NextGear Capital?, vAuto?, Xtime? and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises? other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit .
Organization : Cox Automotive
Primary Location : US-TX-Houston-14450 West Rd
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Shift : Day Job -
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Unposting Date : Ongoing
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what's possible.