about 1 month ago
Wonderful Citrus is seeking a Reliability Mechanic for its Delano, CA location!
This Individual will perform preventative/predictive maintenance, repairs and improvements on industrial equipment in an automated food processing facility while keeping a high regard for employee safety, food quality and machine efficiency.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus. Our citrus varieties can be found in the produce department of grocery stores across the country under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
To learn more about Wonderful Citrus Company, its products and core values, visit .
* Ensures self and coworkers are compliant with all safety rules and regulations (LOTO, fall protection, hot work, etc.)
* Perform uptime and downtime inspections, lubrications, and preventative maintenance
* Utilize predictive technologies such as thermal imaging, vibration analysis, and ultrasonics to gain an understanding of machine condition and estimated lifespan
* Troubleshoot and perform corrective work on all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems within the facility
* Identify and execute improvements on equipment, documentation, work systems, and processes
* Collaborates with different levels of employees in various departments of the facility through face-to-face, telephone, email and radio communications
* Provide training and development to operators and other maintenance personnel
* Research system and component specifications using equipment manuals, schematics, parts breakdowns, online information, and vendor communication
* Dismantle and reassemble complex pieces of machinery in an efficient, precise and reliable manner
* Operates cutting, welding, and various other fabrication equipment to cut, form, and/or join materials
* Creates/modifies work orders in Computerized Maintenance Management System, and documents details of work performed
* Escalate technical, procedural, and personnel related issues to direct lead or supervisor as necessary
* Work with moral integrity on a consistent basis
* High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Technical degree and three years or more of related experience and/or training in a production/manufacturing environment is preferred
* Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form
* Effective English communication is a must, bilingual is preferred
* Employee must possess ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
* Ability to work different shifts if needed
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 7,300 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling luxury Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $100 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, nearly $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives in 2015 alone, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs.
The Wonderful Citrus Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status or protected veteran status, ancestry, age or any other categories protected by law.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close