To support and perform tasks associated with aerospace and automotive related research and development projects in the area of Controls System design, build, prototyping and testing Automated Transportation Systems.
To develop Controls and Mechanical designs of unique commodities that promote the value proposition for Valiant to be a strong competitor in the aerospace and automotive businesses
- Provide engineering support to the project process, design, and simulation teams
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, performance standards and specifications
- Interact daily with the project team(s)
- Perform overall quality control of the project work, including budget, schedule, plans, and report regularly on project status
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Be knowledgeable about the FMEA, 8-D and structural analysis (FEA) performed on the tools and/or the process stations using the tool(s) assigned. Initiate ideas and coordinate efforts for continuous improvement of product/tool and process.
- Verify the completeness and the accuracy of the CAD model and data before final release of the drawings for purchasing or fabrication and before final storage of the data for future retrieval, with significant prior expertise and experience in checking detail drawings for the manufacturing tooling industry.
- Work closely with customer engineer and/or designer on design changes to improve manufacturability, maintainability and serviceability of equipment.
- Develop creative and innovative engineered solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Review and study customer specifications, engineering schematics and other data in order to determine the design procedures needed to generate and release digital and/or hardcopy printouts related to the engineering and manufacturing requirements.
- Perform necessary engineering calculations and proper material selection to satisfy the required design functionality. Coordinate any structural and/or finite element analysis that need to be performed for assessing the functionality of the tools designed.
Qualifications and Skills
A Bachelor in Engineering and/or Applied Science with focus in Mechatronics; or Control Systems Engineering with a Mechanical Engineering aptitude;
Masters degree in Mechatronics or Control Systems Engineering is preferred;
Experience in designing, building, prototyping and testing Controls Systems based equipment is mandatory;
Experience with AGV development and testing;
Experience in working with projects that have a development focus;
Ability to travel to the United States to supervise the installation and commissioning of equipment at customer facilities
Experience with Aerospace OEM standards and specifications
THE VALIANT GROUP OF COMPANIES is a leading global full service supplier of automated production systems, plastic injection tooling, custom and production fabrication and tooling for the automotive, aerospace, construction, defense and forestry sectors. We provide innovative solutions to enable our customers to build products better.