7 days ago
Godwin, a Xylem brand, is a leader in portable industrial pumping. We offer full-service dewatering capabilities including pump sales, rental, and on-site service to transport water and wastewater to customers worldwide. The company has a reputation for providing the very best customer service and support in the industry.
Our parent company, Xylem, is a leading global water technology provider. Xylem does business in more than 150 countries and our people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on solving customers' problems. Our tag line is "Let's Solve Water" and our initiatives focus on the global water challenges we face. To learn more, watch our video: "What does Xylem do?"
Godwin, a Xylem brand, offers challenging and rewarding careers for highly motivated individuals. We are currently seeking top candidates to become part of our team and have an opening for a Level II Mechanic at our Helena, Montana facility.
A Level II Mechanic is responsible for maintenance, service and repair of Godwin pumping and support equipment in a safe and efficient manner in the shop or at a customer job site. He/she is also responsible for recording parts and labor accurately on appropriate Work Orders and Internal Equipment Repair forms.
* Perform routine inspections, preventative maintenance and servicing as directed on Godwin fleet equipment between each rental.
* Perform an initial inspection of Godwin fleet equipment for possible damages; diagnose damages; report damages to Service Manager.
* Create an accurate and legible parts and repair list for assigned fleet equipment. Review list of parts with Service Manager and obtain approval to continue with servicing and repair.
* Repair damaged equipment.
* Test all repaired equipment for proper operation and quality.
* Perform preventative maintenance on shop equipment as directed (air dryer, chain saws, etc.).
* Troubleshoot diesel engine, electrical systems and pump problems.
* Perform diagnostic checks using computer technology.
* Assist with system setup on customer job sites as needed.
* Operate Xylem/Godwin service truck and respond to afterhours customer service calls
* Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
* One year experience and/or training or combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
* General knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in equipment repair and maintenance.
* General knowledge of diesel engine troubleshooting and repair
* General knowledge of DC electric and circuit testing
* General knowledge of diagnostic equipment
* Personal Driver License (Commercial Driver's License preferred)
* DOT Medical Card preferred
* Forklift certification preferred but not necessary at time of hire
Skills & Abilities
* Ability to diagnose mechanical problems
* Ability to follow safety practices and procedures
* Ability to communicate with supervisor and take direction
* Legible handwriting
* Ability to safely operate forklifts
* Ability to communicate clearly on hand held devices i.e. cell phones and two-way radios
* Ability to use basic hand and power tools
* Prolonged standing on concrete floors, lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying up to 50 pounds, bending and stooping
* Mix of inside shop work and outside work with exposure to all weather conditions
* Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
* Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
Minimum Education Requirements High School or Equivalent Percent of Travel Required N/A
Apply to job Save to cart View similar jobs
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close