about 1 month ago
The Weir Group is a global engineering group. We are focused on delivering engineering solutions to customers in the minerals, oil and gas and power markets. Operating in more than 70 countries and employing more than 15,000 people, we support our customers through a worldwide network of around 200 manufacturing and service facilities.
To celebrate Weir's 140 years in business, this video traces the business from its creation in Glasgow, Scotland in 1871, to its development into a global engineering solutions provider. For more information on The Weir Group PLC please visit our corporate website.
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Disassembles, inspects, assembles, reworks, troubleshoots and tests rotating equipment to
exacting tolerances. Enter inspection data into computer programs.
Objectives & Measurement - Key Responsibilities:
Including, but not limited to:
* Disassembles and inspects rotating equipment to determine repair requirements.
Includes both Weir brands as well as competitor's brands. This includes designs such as:
Multi-stage split case pumps, Vertical turbine pumps, Vertical inline pumps, Overhung pumps, etc.
* Completes inspection reports determining scrap, refurbishment or replacement of components.
* Using various pneumatic tools, hand tools, acetylene torch, drill press and surface grinder
required to disassemble and assemble rotating equipment.
* Troubleshoots and reworks components to ensure proper functioning of rotating equipment.
* Travels to the field to complete final assembly and troubleshooting of rotating equipment.
* Has a working knowledge of materials and material substitutions.
* Tests and dynamically balances rotating elements to W4/N.
* Reads complex engineering blueprints, drawings and diagrams.
* Ensures that machinery and test equipment is functioning properly.
* Performs routine maintenance on machinery and test equipment.
* Performs housekeeping tasks as required.
* Meets quality and specification standards. Tolerances are generally with +/- .001.
* Ability to validate equipment meets the specifications for required service.
* Uses various precision measurement devises.
* Calculates various mathematical formulas to determine part dimensions and tolerances.
* Follows safety and environmental rules, company policies and procedures in carrying out duties.
* Serves as an expert level resource for less experienced mechanics. Trains other mechanics as needed.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to drive fork lifts and operate overhead cranes in a safe manner.
* Ability to operate steam cleaning equipment.
* Ability to enter data into computer programs.
* As a member of a service center, does what is necessary to meet customer requirements of delivery, quality and service levels. Works overtime to meet customer needs.
* Acts appropriately in front of customers to represent the company in a positive manner.
Job Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of six (6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Fork lift operator certified. Ability to use acetylene torch. Ability to use various testing and measurement equipment and balancing machines. Understanding of engineering drawings. Ability to use various power and hand tools. Ability to adapt procedures and techniques to meet customer requirements. Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, and fluid dynamics principles.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The incumbent should have knowledge of the following software:
Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Ability to add inspection data into computer programs.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities toperformthe essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. In certain areas of the facility personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required, including safety glasses and steel-toed shoes, and ear plugs.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
6 days ago
only 22 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close