We know our name recognition in the Milwaukee marketplace is probably as quiet as our fans, but did you know that Broan-NuTone LLC is North America's largest producer of residential ventilation and air quality products , including range hoods, ventilation fans and air exchangers. Broan also holds major market positions in door chimes, central vacuum systems, intercom systems, built-in electric heaters, fresh air systems, attic ventilators, ironing centers and home automation products? And our Global Headquarters is right here in Hartford, WI.
We are currently looking for talented New Product Development Engineers to help us achieve our aggressive growth goals. We know our strategic plan to double our revenue by the year 2020 to $1.2 billion is highly aggressive, but we are poised as an organization and up for the challenge. We're looking for the right individuals who are equally as driven, and have prior experience in a Stage Gate New Product Development process to join our Global Engineering Team in Hartford.
Along with your 3200+ co-workers, based in 8 countries on 3 continents, together we can Discover, Develop and Deliver those new products to market to realize our goals. Check out this video where Broan employees showcase a few of our recent product innovations:
Design and develop new products, or redesign and cost reduce existing products, from idea conception through production. Manage the design and development, or redesign and cost reduction, of assigned programs through application of applicable Engineering principles and practices. This responsibility includes acting as project leader of cross-functional project teams.
1. The job requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited college or university. An advanced degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or a technical discipline and registration as a Professional Engineer is also desired.
2. At least 3 years experience in Engineering development and project management is required.
3. Experience in air movement and/or ventilation and/or appliance design is desired.
4. Experience with Pro Engineer and Mechanical development tools is desired.
5. Desired experience in the following Engineering functions:
5.1. Multi-site Product Development Programs
5.2. OEM Product Development
5.3. Product Cost Reduction
5.4. Product Liability
5.5. Domestic and International Standards Compliance
5.6. Intellectual Property
5.7. Product Rationalization
5.8. Kaizen or Continuous Improvement methodologies
5.9. Development and Implementation of Engineering System Processes
5.10.Development and Implementation of Engineering Productivity Systems
5.11.ISO9000 or QS9000
6. The work requires the ability to communicate through verbal, written and electronic means.
7. The job requires working closely with others in a team environment
8. The position requires up to 20% travel.
9. The work requires the ability to lift, carry and rotate 180 degrees materials and products which weigh from under ten (10) pounds to fifty (25) pounds. It requires the ability to carry up to 25 pounds up a flight of stairs.
10. The position requires the ability to read electronic and manual gauges and record information in bright and low light environments.
11. The position requires the knowledge and ability to use PC computers and keyboards.