We are looking for Project Engineer(s):
Classification (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
General Summary of Position: Support Project Managers on multiple projects.
- Performing takeoffs, reading and interpreting blueprints, project scheduling, and processing submittals.
- Determines project specifications by: studying product design, customer requirements, performance standards, completing technical studies, and preparing cost estimates.
- Helps maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, plan/ schedule changes, and recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures and administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information, and recommending actions.
- Maintains all logs with regards to any and all correspondence, memos, and RFI documentation (Request for Information).
- Ensures that correspondence is signed and scanned onto the internal network drive and routed to the appropriate parties.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Previous experience with a General Contractor a plus.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering a plus.
- 0-2 years' experience with RFI's, submittals, change-orders, etc
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; Sage Contractor a plus.
- Valid Drive License.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test/physical/background check.
Disclaimer: The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive of every job duty, responsibility, or qualification required by an employee assigned to this job. While employed in this position, an employee may be required to perform other assignments not listed on this job description.
Hal Hays Construction, Inc. invites you to join our talented and award-winning team as we grow our company to the next level. We provide General and Civil construction services to select high-growth markets like Military, Transportation, Energy, Telcom/Wireless, Healthcare, Retail, Public Works and Utilities.
Besides a great salary, paid holidays, and sick/vacation time, our team members enjoy:
Comprehensive insurance program (medical, dental, vision, prescriptions, life insurance)
401(k) savings plan
Annual profit sharing
Paid industry training and certifications (in eligible areas)
The Wayne B. Hays Scholarship Program (for HHCI employees and family member's educational pursuits)
About Hal Hays Construction, Inc. (HHCI)
Celebrating over 25 years of service to clients, Hal Hays Construction, Inc. (HHCI) is an award-winning design build construction company providing vertical and civil construction services for military, federal, transportation, retail, healthcare, energy, and public utility clients throughout the Western states. HHCI is recognized as an INC 5000 High Growth Firm, 2014 ENR-Ranked Top California Contractor, and 2014 Accredited Quality Contractor. HHCI's corporate headquarters is in Riverside, CA with branch offices in Redding, CA. Visit our website at
Hal Hays Construction, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants on race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, military service/veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.