Title: Project Civil Engineer / Civil Engineer Project Manager
Reports to: Director of Transportation
Summary/Objective: The Civil Engineering team at Troyer Group is actively seeking a creative and talented Civil Engineer for immediate employment in our Mishawaka office. Said person will be able to exhibit an established career in roadway design. The selected applicant can anticipate projects in transportation, roundabouts, bridges, site development, and environmental services, to name a few. Ideal candidates should be enthusiastic, responsible, conscientious, team-oriented, self-motivated, analytical, and able to get along well with others.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with a team to develop, design, and execute civil projects for state and local clients.
- Facilitate the engineering process from the start of work through to the client's acceptance, including safety, quality, schedule, consultant & partner negotiation, & management of the engineering operation for all projects
- Oversee technical accuracy of projects, day-to-day operations, & financial well-being of the various projects under their supervision
- Personally visit project sites as needed
- Supervising the overall performance of the team/project
- Business Acumen
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Strong networking capabilities
- Computer skills utilizing basic office software
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Professional licensure in Engineering is desired
- 4 years of civil engineering or related experience at a supervisory level from a reputable firm or government
- Prior leadership role preferred
- Will consider a similar combination of education & experience
- Knowledge of historical construction practices, field investigation and materials testing techniques, and current repair and protection approaches;
- Strong client retention and relationship building skills.
- Proficiency in CAD design and familiarity with transportation design software (geopack, InRoads or Civil 3D)
- Understanding of Municipal, Regulatory, and INDOT policies and procedures
- Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid Time Off including vacation and holidays
- Flexible working schedules
- Medical, Dental, Vision
Troyer Group offers an inclusive benefit package with a competitive salary in a professional setting where you can grow your skills, learn, and have the opportunity to make a social impact.
Troyer Group is an innovative engineering, design, and construction solutions firm with uncompromising integrity. We are a problem solving and forward thinking team that believes our work comes down to two things; people and their experiences. The company offers a range of services to Public & Private sectors including: Engineering (Civil, Structural, MEP), Architecture, Construction Management, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design & Planning, Master Planning, Site Development & Sustainable Design. In creating economic, social and environmental value; we work with clients, the public, and all stakeholders to achieve a common vision. Together, We Will.