about 1 month ago
This is a dynamic business and work opportunity, leading to potential for advancement in the company. The focus is the support of engineering functions required on secured business and to help secure additional business with multiple customers. The position serves as a technical contact and interface with customer(s), overseas business units and internal departments to meet customer expectations using our systems based on APQP / NPIS and TS16949.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with teams to develop and execute prototype plans for new and existing products, customers and projects. Support the local and global APQP / NPIS teams from concept through production.
* Participate in or lead frequent conference calls, video conferences and other activities in support of the team and its efforts to meet customer expectations and needs by presenting products and technical abilities. Calls can occur outside normal business hours, early morning or late evening due to time differences.
* Direct and promote technical communications within Grass Lake, Tenneco regions, partners and customers to gather, assess, process and provide information needed to manage timing, develop product, complete analysis, validation, troubleshooting or prototypes and complete other engineering activities.
* Lead actions and communication to keep customers, partners and internal functions apprised of progress and issues with prototype, development, scheduling, design, technical targets and specifications.
* Ensure compliance to customer drawings and specifications, while meeting Tenneco standards, capabilities and expectations by acting as the point of contact for design, prototype and related program issues.
* Provide input to design for manufacturability, performance and cost effectiveness based on prototype builds or supplier input at design reviews, for standardization and VA / VE.
* Track engineering changes, corrective actions and customer concerns through the use of Tenneco internal systems with assistance from Program Engineering, Program Management, commercial and manufacturing.
* Manage the release of designs, drawings, data and reports to the prototype shop, suppliers, plants and customers, as needed.
* Identify new business or technology opportunities and support activities to secure new business.
* Represent Tenneco, on site, at customer, supplier and partner locations, as needed.
* Some travel to customer, supplier, partner and Tenneco locations, both domestic and international to participate in meetings, design and program reviews, trial builds and other activities.
* Serve as trainer or mentor for other members of the team in identified areas of expertise.
* Champion cost saving initiatives within areas of responsibilities.
* Support and adhere to Tenneco environmental, health and safety (EH&S), intellectual property (IP) and other policies and procedures.
* BSME Degree or equivalent preferred. Experience preferred, but not required.
* Strong planning and organizational skills plus an ability to prioritize, make decisions and manage multiple projects or tasks in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing situations and requirements.
* Ability to learn quickly and work in and support a dynamic global team environment is required.
* Working knowledge of personal computers required. Including: Performing spreadsheet calculations and graphing, developing graphics and presentations, program management, and word processing.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
* Knowledge or experience with SAP GPDM and related systems is helpful.
* Manufacturing and / or exhaust development engineering experience desired, but not required.
* Knowledge of emissions systems, acoustics, engines or light vehicles is helpful.
* Knowledge of CAD / CAE, especially CATIA V5, NX or other predictive and analytical tools is beneficial.
* Japanese or Korean language skills are a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close