about 1 month ago
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation has an exciting and challenging opening for a Production Engineer located in Freeport, TX. Reporting to the Production leader, the Run Plant (Production) Engineer will work as a technical resource to coach and assist the operations team to optimize and improve Environmental, Health & Safety, production throughput, product quality, conversion, and reliability of supply. This role will also work closely with other individuals and teams to establish yearly spending plans, production commitments to the business, and cost goals. The Run Plant Engineer acts as a technical resource for Operations personnel, applying technical skills within Manage Production, to optimize plant operations, resolves plant problems and enables safe and efficient production of low cost, quality products. This role is to provide a technical resource to assist work teams on daily operations and process performance so as to run a low cost, on specification, reliable, optimized operation, thereby maximizing value to the business in a safe environmentally friendly manner.
* Understands all applicable process technology, equipment and control technology.
* Works with Technical Advising and plant personnel to optimize operations to meet Business and plant goals. (Environmental, Health & Safety, Production, cost, quality, energy, reliability)
* Participates when required in advanced trouble shooting and coaches others to learn these skills. Ensures findings are documented for future usage
* Provide leadership and direction in the day to day decision making for the operating area of responsibility
* As required, participates on and leads teams in his/her area of accountability
* Networks with other engineers on site and within the business to leverage knowledge on plant operations
* Ensures most effective technology is understood and utilized
* Ensures Operating Discipline / Operating Discipline Management System requirements are met
* Implements best practices in order to optimize operations
* Understands and applies skills and knowledge to support small projects, as required - Provides Six Sigma Methodology and technical support to projects
* Works with Plant Process Control Coordination Role to ensure process control is optimized in the facility
* Helps coordinate area of responsibility during planned shutdown and maintenance activities.
This is a new graduate role.
A minimum requirement for this U.S. - based position is the ability to work legally in the United States on a permanent basis (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or qualifying Asylee / Refugee).
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required; preferred Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical
NOTE: Relocation is not offered for this role.
Olin Corporation (NYSE: OLN) has an over one hundred year history of supplying quality products to our customers, while generating value for our shareholders. On a daily basis, we are meeting our customers' evolving needs through innovation, continuous improvement and an unwavering commitment to exceeding expectations and maintaining the highest ethical standards. Olin's 4,000 dedicated employees are fully committed to being good neighbors and environmental stewards in the communities in which our facilities are located.
Olin Chlorine Products is global Division of Olin with three business segments - U.S. Gulf Coast Chlor Alkali and Vinyl products, Global Chlorinated Organics and Global Epoxy. Olin Corporation also has three other divisions - Olin Chlor Alkali Products, Winchester and K.A. Steel Chemicals. Olin Chlor Alkali is a major North American manufacturer of basic chemicals including chlorine, caustic soda, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester is a major global supplier of sporting ammunition, reloading components and small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges. K.A. Steel Chemicals is a distributor of caustic soda and the largest manufacturer of bleach in the Midwest area of the U.S.
* Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
* An opportunity to make a real difference in the manufacturing industry but a small company environment that gives employees a chance to be seen and appreciated and to grow in responsibility.
* A variety of jobs and career paths that will appeal to those who are drawn to a creative, energetic and open workplace environment.
Olin is an Equal Opportunity Employer . M/W/Vet/Disabled .
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close