Job Title: Production Engineer
Job Location: Frankfort, KY
Company: Automotive supplier
Compensation: $70K - $80K, Full Time with benefits
Under routine supervision of the Production Engineering Manager, Production Engineer evaluates
current and proposed production processes, assists with new product development and production
methods, and implements design or process changes that improve the manufacturing safety, quality,
REQUIRED: Metal stamping or roll forming, or metal experience. "Hands on" Tool Design using AutoCad or Catia.
And Specifying materials and coatings.
1. Create and evaluate process plans and production preparation plans for new manufacturing
2. Assists with development of new product designs and/or production process that meet company
and customer safety, quality, and productivity standards.
3. Create and evaluate process flow, layout, work combination and equipment specs.
4. Supervise supplier selection process for sourcing of tools and equipment.
5. Control budget and track budget related activities.
6. Develop reports to allow for growth and development of the PE team.
7. Coach team members on production processes.
8. Collect and organize data in an orderly fashion to be accessed and used for future programs.
9. Discuss agreement of equipment specifications with plants.
10. Participate and guide the design, construction and installation of new tools and equipment.
11. Understand, analyze and elevate production preparation issues in a timely manner to allow for
12. Report production preparation status to PE management and related groups.
13. Modifies existing equipment, tooling, and/or process designs to improve safety, quality, and/or
14. Troubleshoots and diagnoses daily production and quality problems. Monitors ongoing data and
makes systemic process improvements.
15. Assists with tooling and equipment procurement to support production and product design
modifications. Performs investigation of available vendor/suppliers, pricing, quality, delivery
schedules, available vendor technical assistance, etc.
16. Assists production groups with technical problem solving, training, etc. Authors and edits relevant
technical work instructions.
17. Conducts, supervises, and documents trial manufacturing procedures including standard
development, technical problem solving, dimensional issue resolution, etc.
18. Attends and participates in various company meetings relating to design projects, technical and
production problems, safety and quality issues, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AMD EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of mechanical engineering,
materials and steel fabrication methods including but not limited to stamping, forming, welding,
2. Basic understanding and working knowledge of the industrial equipment and manufacturing
processes. Ability to follow company policies and procedures regarding safety, quality, and
3. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, good math skills.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effectively working with vendors/suppliers,
other department personnel, etc. Ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information
in verbal and written English.
5. Ability to read component, assembly and equipment drawings and have an understanding of
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) Proficiency with ACAD or similar required.
6. Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-?
based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Internet, etc.).
7. Ability to program production machines and equipment.
8. Manufacturing experience (1~3 years) in automotive components (e.g., stamping, assembly,
tooling, welding, and other miscellaneous components), managing projects from design to
9. Experience with PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
10. Basic understanding and working knowledge of the industrial equipment and manufacturing
11. Ability to function both independently and with good judgment in a team environment.
12. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work efficiently within time constraints and deadlines, and
handle stressful situations in a calm manner.
13. Ability to work in a team environment to support demanding automotive customer requirements.
14. Ability to program production machines and equipment.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Metallurgical Engineering or related field
required, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Office: Open Office Environment, moderate noise level.
Plant: Standard automotive plant environment with moderate to high noise level. PPE (Personal
Protective Equipment) such as safety glasses, steel toe shoes, hearing protection, etc. is required in
engineering, manufacturing, or industrial areas.
Working hours may depend on production requirements.