Our client both machines and coats metal parts for its various customers in the medical, aerospace, mining and food industries. They need to add a Product Engineer to their staff who will take a design from a customer and modify it for manufacturability. You will manage the product transition from R&D through production and ensure continuing production support is met. In this role you will interface with R&D, management, production, technical sales, and the customer to meet customer requirements.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or related Engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in related role
- Design and drafting experience, preferably using Solidworks
- Strong communication skills and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work well in cross functional teams
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills
- Review part drawings and customer specifications to determine production operations, parameters, equipment, tooling, rates, and packaging
- Key vendor contact for questions about customer part drawings and specifications
- Create and update production documentation in MRP software
- Liaison between internal/external customers for resolution of product concerns and corrective actions
- Provide cycle time, material usage, tooling and automation estimates for quoting
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement projects
- Conceptualize and evaluate feasibility of capital projects
- Lead and execute continuous improvement and capital projects (external and internal resources)
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary and will assist with relocation for Midwest oriented candidates. Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available.
The Cameron Craig Group is an executive search firm representing job openings in virtually every industry and job function across the country.
We combine the efforts of over 1200 recruiters throughout the US. Together, we represent thousands of job openings and enter dozens of new jobs per day.
When you apply online, your information will forward to the recruiters handling those jobs. If you are a close match, they will contact you to discuss the positions and employers in detail and then work hard to get you interviews ASAP.
All the best in your search!