3 months ago
Responsible for engineering design, development and support of new and existing products in the Water Valley Plant (Transmission/Engine Solenoids, Accumulators, Control Modules, etc.).
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Protects product integrity by ensuring the product is conforming to design intent through product prints, specifications, processes, and control plan including oversight of production validation setup and results.
* Monitors production activities to ensure that no process or operation has a detrimental impact on product function. This includes things that would not generally be defined on engineering drawings or specifications (example ? handling, storage, unapproved operations, etc.).
* Initiates and manages investigations to maintain product function and conformance to specifications and to identify and correct product deficiencies (e.g. Performance audits, tear-down analysis, DOE's , 8D's and design reviews).
* Assists in determining root cause and corrective measures for warranty returns.
* Leads the plant's cost reduction efforts with respect to design on current products.
* Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the management team. Actively seeks collaboration with internal and external management team members.
* Provides engineering support for Product Line Teams, Purchasing and Supplier quality, including continuous improvement objectives (examples ? scrap reduction, yield improvement, cost reduction, uptime, cycle time, etc.).
* Interacts and communicates with customers, vendors, and support resources.
* Preparation and presentation of concept and test proposals to customers.
* Special Assignments ? Responsible for support and completion of special assignments as required.
* Supports validation of proposed productivity improvements.
* Engineers products into customer applications for future sales
* Lead development of design concepts through prototype hardware procurement, assembly & test, data analysis and design refinement.
* Develops and maintains product DFMEAs, Product Verification Plans, Parts Lists, and other Quality System Documentation
* Safety and Health ? Responsible for completing required safety training, reporting and correcting any unsafe practices as appropriate, completing work activities in a safe manner, and complying with safety and health requirements for respective position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Related Discipline
* 2 years experience in engineering (preferred)
* 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
* Experience in electronic and/or hydraulic components and systems (preferred)
* Experience in automotive development processes and quality requirements (preferred)
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), etc.
* Experience in statistics based process improvement methods, including use of MiniTab or equivalent software (preferred)
Learning on the Fly
Drive for Results
Timely Decision Making
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close