Rotex Global LLC is currently seeking a full-time Product Development Engineer for our Cincinnati location. This position will be responsible for designing and developing new products and product features.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serve as the lead engineer on development projects, including, but not limited to:
- Lead concept development
- Prototype and test designs
- Perform cost analyses
- Complete detailed designs
- Troubleshoot designs through manufacturing and start-up
- Analyze and validate new and existing machine designs using both simulation and physical measurement testing
- Identify problems and resolve them in timely manner
- Other duties may be assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Mechanical Engineering or related field; and a minimum of 3 years related product development engineering experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in product development engineering.
Skills and Experience
- Intermediate level understanding of manufacturing processes, particularly involving sheet metal fabrication and welding required
- Intermediate level 3D CAD experience required (SolidWorks experience preferred)
- Intermediate level project management skills required
- Intermediate level written and oral communication skills required
- Intermediate experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) required (Ansys experience preferred)
- Basic level experience designing for manufacture required
- Basic AutoCAD 2D experience preferred
- Basic experience in the design of industrial machinery preferred
- Basic experience with Lean practices preferred
Employee must be able to travel up to 20% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee's ability to see near and far distances.
Since 1844, Rotex Global has been a pioneer in the development of dry material screening equipment and technology providing innovative solutions to a broad range of domestic and international process industries. We have seen our business change drastically over our history, growing from a small privately owned company to a company owned by a large multinational corporation in Hillenbrand, Inc. (NYSE: HI). The entrepreneurial spirit ingrained in each of our associates has enabled this transformation and will continue to drive innovations and growth for years to come.
Rotex Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.