Rotex Global LLC is currently seeking a full-time Product Design Engineer for our Cincinnati location. This position will be responsible for performing engineering design work including identifying and implementing improvements in our design and manufacturing processes using efficient and sound engineering practices and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Transform customer requirements into design specifications, considering manufacturability, tolerances and cost control.
- Promote standard design practices and procedures.
- Perform engineering activities for product design and support new product development projects including engineering analysis, DFM, manufacturing liaison, prototype building and prototype testing.
- Provide engineering support to existing customers via work instructions, troubleshooting or field visits.
- Evaluate feedback from manufacturing and customers then implement necessary design changes to solve manufacturing and/or field problems.
- Complete design changes as required on machine and parts orders to meet tight design schedule requirements.
- Perform, direct, and/or check drafting work associated with product design as required.
- Develop design specifications and engineering documentation associated with design work in accordance with our engineering procedures and practices.
- Prepare project reports documenting results of product design efforts and other pertinent engineering findings.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities and utilize concurrent engineering principles to improve company products and processes.
- Initiate and complete action plans to support the Company's Business Plan
- Other duties may be assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent from a college or university in Mechanical Engineering; and a minimum of 2 years related experience in mechanical engineering or design; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in mechanical engineering or design.
Skills and Experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills required
- Proficient with 2D and 3D CAD required
- SolidWorks experience preferred
Employee must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee's ability to see near and far distances.
Since 1844, Rotex Global has been a pioneer in the development of dry material screening equipment and technology providing innovative solutions to a broad range of domestic and international process industries. We have seen our business change drastically over our history, growing from a small privately owned company to a company owned by a large multinational corporation in Hillenbrand, Inc. (NYSE: HI). The entrepreneurial spirit ingrained in each of our associates has enabled this transformation and will continue to drive innovations and growth for years to come.
Rotex Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.