4 months ago
BSChe with 5+ years of experience in batch organic synthesis and/or
A background in continuous operations would also be considered.
Candidate must have a proven track record of working with operations
and maintenance personnel to implement process improvements.
Familiarity with a wide range of unit operations is desired
(filtration, drying, batch and continuous distillation, heat
exchangers, pumps, evaporators, instrumentation and controls,
The candidate should have at least a working knowledge of the PSM
standard, since this job will involve dealing with most of the
elements of PSM at some level. Ideally the candidate will have
worked in a PSM covered plant and has experience dealing with
The candidate must possess excellent communication skills, as they
will be interfacing with people at all levels of the company from the
plant floor to senior management. This person needs to be
self-motivated, able to handle multiple projects at one time, and work
independently without a lot of direct supervision.
The candidate should also have a demonstrated record of successful
capital project management including:
* scope, cost estimate, and schedule development
* equipment design and specification
* conducting design reviews
* equipment procurement
* preparing scope and bid documents for contractors
* commissioning and start-up support.
Experience managing projects up to $1MM (or larger) is desired.
We are looking for is someone with a PRETTY BROAD EXPERIENCE BASE AND
A DEMONSTRATED HISTORY OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT FROM DESIGN THROUGH
STARTUP. Ideally they will have been involved in and have done some
or all of the process and equipment design work.
****Client needs to see your experience on the design side from
concept to start-up. On the project side, they will be looking at
direct project management responsibility versus just supporting the
This engineer will be working at a 75-person batch specialty chemicals
plant. Approximately 50% of this person's time will be focused on
the following activities:
* Process optimization to support Operations. (cost reduction,
cycle time reduction, quality improvements, waste reduction, etc.)
* Working with operators and maintenance to identify opportunities
to improve process reliability.
* Process support and troubleshooting
* Participate in PHA's, PHA re-validation, and resolving
The other 50% of this position involves:
* Basic and detailed design for capital projects including mass and
energy balances, flowsheet, and P&ID development, equipment design and
* Manage capital projects (typical projects are less than $500K,
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS.