3 months ago
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11 years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network ? a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter. Additional information about our company can be found at . Follow us on LinkedIn or join the on Twitter.
Principal Engineer-Vertical Axis Washer Aesthetics opening to join our organization.
* Sub system level adviser on the execution of technology programs and projects with proper controls and management of technical risks to ensure work is planned and conducted on a sound engineering basis in their discipline space.
* Lead attribute target setting for the subsystem / module for specific projects
* Accountable for Technical Design Previews (TDP) project sign-off that attribute targets were achieved and work was completed on a sound engineering basis
* Globally accountable for system level attribute performance to enable product leadership (Craftsmanship) and new technologies/processes to meet global aesthetic brand language requirements
* Work with process partners in Global Consumer Design to identify and validate new technologies for decoration
* Work with process partners in Procurement to improve the new product launch process
* Major contributor on technical strategy and development on technology programs to pass key tollgates
* Coach and develop Aesthetics Engineering team on Product Design fundamentals (GDT, FMEA, DFM/DFA)
* Lead systemic problem solving efforts input to close knowledge gaps in major subsystems in the development of more robust system models
* Accountable to develop technology road maps to identify gaps, and execute/support priorities to close
* Key technical leadership through contribution to the development of the IP portfolio, patent attainment, and achievement of sustainable technology advantage
* Develop technical expertise throughout the organization, through coaching, mentoring, development, and infusion of new technologies
* Leverages knowledge through key suppliers and liaison to other external organizations
* Execution of major technology & architecture programs
* Subsystem / Module Technology road maps & knowledge creation plans
* Subsystem / Module systems models and plans to expand
* Project attribute targets for module / subsystem
* Sign off on design readiness at engineering tollgates
* Knowledge management for Aesthetics area
* Create procurement package for SOP
* Create and develop engineering specification documents and part items requiring revision control
* Create and lock package for quotation / tooling
* Release part items and engineering specification documents
Develop and drive technical strategy across the Aesthetics sub-system including project execution, knowledge creation/capture and technical mentorship.
* Masters in Engineering
* Minimum 10 years product development experience
* Minimum 5 years experience with the design and release of components from a range of manufacturing processes
* PhD in Engineering
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close