Pre-Stressed Concrete Structural Engineer
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Job Number: 3338
Our client located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is currently seeking to fill the position of Pre-Stressed Concrete Structural Engineer. For the right candidate who possesses their requirements, they are eager for this individual to join their team.
This individual will perform engineering design for precast products to meet structural requirements, economics, constructability and quality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- PE in Michigan.
- 2+ years of Structural Engineering experience with Pre-Stressed Concrete.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the structural discipline and be familiar with IBC, ACI, and AISC codes and PCI design handbook.
- Must have Professional Engineer License to sign off on shop drawings for production.
- Performs duties of the engineer in "Responsible Charge" for the structural design and detailing of products and structures supplied by company for projects assigned.
- Performs structural engineering design using software for precast plank projects ranging in size from residential to large commercial with degree of difficulty easy to medium.
- Performs engineering review for completeness of information, constructability details, layout, and scope.
- Works with detailer and outside resources to provide final shop drawings to the plant.
- Performs structural engineering design using software for precast wall panels ranging in size from small to medium with degree of difficulty from easy to medium (cladding and simple wall bearing).
- Maintains project manager software file for project status.
- Maintains hard copy drawing file for approvals, RFI's, engineering calculations, and other paperwork.
- Prepares and copies engineering calculations for distribution and file.
- Reviews detail drawings for conformity including structural design, dimensions, details, sections, and marks drawings up for revision by the detailer.
- Directs and oversees detailer's work on drawings.
- Provides structural engineering support to sales and estimating as needed including reviewing drawings, preliminary designs, and technical support on sales calls.
- Provides engineering support for product research.
- Provide engineering support to Quality control, fabrication and erection functions and processes.
- Reviews and decides course of action on discrepancy reports.
- Is in contact with A/E's regarding engineering issues, constructability issues, approvals, etc., to problem solve and reach resolution.
- Coordinates other trade's requirements with plank including mechanical openings, stairways, masonry, steel, and concrete.
- Responds to plant issues with plank and panel details, review layouts and build specifications to resolve production problems.
- Assist with designs, details and issues for underground products.
- Educate internal and external customers on the benefits and limitations of precast products.
- Ensure all details are made to company drawing standards.
- Assist with continually improving and growing standards to meet industry standards.
- Mentor Engineer I, junior engineer and engineering interns to promote growth and development.
- Must adhere to all company and MiOSHA safety rules.
- Must work within the attendance policy guidelines.
Rewards and Highlights
- Job Type: Permanent/Full-Time
- Compensation: Highly competitive salary based on experience
- Relocation Assistance: Yes, Employer paid relocation
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 2+ years'
- License and Certification's: PE in Michigan
- Knowledge of Design software, Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Must have advanced working knowledge of LECWall 11 and Presto.
Your Resume: is the first opportunity the employer will have to learn about you. It is critical that your contact information is included (name, address, home or cell phone and your email address), along with the names of companies you have worked for, titles held, and dates employed.
We are an independent recruiting firm placing qualified candidates in executive, management, support and other leadership roles throughout the USA, specializing in careers in the fields of Accounting, Business Management, Computer Hardware and Software, Engineering, Marketing, Healthcare, Sales Management and many other vertical markets where successful candidates can find their next career opportunity.