about 1 month ago
The position, based in our San Leandro office, will offer a Mechanical Design Engineer the chance to join a dynamic environment with the opportunity for career development at a growth-oriented company.
Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, this position is responsible delivery of Engineering design/build project work, from conceptual design through drawing completion.
* Complete engineering design project planning (i.e., conceptual design through construction drawing development)
* Complete LEED certifications
* Conduct one or more of the following: economic & energy analyses; load calculations, design and layout of equipment, duct and piping systems
* Complete applications engineering
* Development and/or review of sequences of operation
* Develop and review equipment submittals
* Coordinate design and installation with Project Management, Construction and Service departments
* Field engineering: assist with project execution, trade coordination, scheduling, document management and problem solving
* Complete Computer 3D modeling of plumbing systems utilizing the latest modeling software
* Assist or complete project estimating and proposal writing, client interaction
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
* BS in Mechanical Engineering / Environment Engineering or Construction Management
* 1-2 years' prior experience with Plumbing and/or engineering consulting
* Excellent understanding of Engineering fundamentals
* Proficiency in AutoCAD (or similar drafting software)
* Regular and routine attendance. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm with an hour lunch break.
We maintain a fast pace at ACCO and you'll need to juggle competing priorities in order to ensure everything goes out on time. This will be more readily achieved if you are able to build strong relationships by gaining the respect and loyalty of others, which will require:
* Outstanding communication skills - in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
* Appreciation for diversity ? you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up our Plumbing Team.
* Innovation - although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
* Strong aptitude for learning and developing new systems and programs.
* Solid computer skills - including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
* Going the extra mile - ability to work overtime, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus
* Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
* Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
* Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
ACCO has an outstanding benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending and dependent care account options, 401K, education, paid vacation and holidays. Ask us about our Employee Stock Ownership Program!
WHO WE ARE
ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country and the company is employee owned.
Established in 1934, ACCO Engineered Systems has grown to become one of the largest mechanical contractors in the United States and a leader in the development of the design/construct approach for HVAC, plumbing, process piping, and control systems. Calling on our workforce of the highest qualified craftsmen across the nation, our specialties include heating, ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, process piping, plumbing, building controls, engineering, construction, building automation, and service. Over the years we have combined our capabilities in engineering, fabrication, installation, commissioning, and service to meet the demands for competitive pricing, fast delivery, and high performance systems.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close
North America, United States, Georgia (U.S. State)
$10k - $15k