Accudyn is looking for a Project Engineer whose direct responsibility is the management of new customer projects from the design and/or sourced phase through to manufacturing. Functions include management of suppliers; following internal controls; coordination with other departments (Quality, Manufacturing, Sales, and Purchasing) to meet deadlines as well as customer driven and other internal demands. Development of engineering solutions, understanding of plastic molding and tooling, and ability to work through the challenges of managing multiple responsibilities and reporting duties are tantamount to this position.
Accudyn's Engineering and Program Management group work on projects for global customers, using global suppliers for projects from the automotive industry to consumer goods to industrial and safety. Project Engineers will be tasked on programs servicing both our Erie, PA and Chihuahua, Mexico locations.
Tasks associated with the Project Engineering position include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Complete oversight and management of project from initial award through implementation and production start at Accudyn facility(s).
- Work closely and develop relationships with customers and numerous internal disciplines to meet and exceed our customers demands on timing and quality.
- Coordinate and oversee suppliers associated with projects demands.
- Provide engineering support including but not limited to design for manufacturability discussions, tool design support, part simulation studies, part dimensioning and quality control review, manufacturing support and process implementation.
- Will often request on-site support at suppliers in China and Europe and follow up support at manufacturing locations in US and Mexico.
Desired skills and experience are the following:
- B.S. in Plastics Engineering (or related discipline with work experience)
- 2-5 years of Plastics industry work experience (or combination work and education experience). Work experience focused on plastic tooling offers significant advantage.
- Knowledge of plastics manufacturing processes, plastic injection molds, and basic theoretical understanding of plastic rheology.
- Knowledge of industry standards and tools including blueprint reading and PPAP procedure.
- Experience and workable understanding of software suites including SolidWorks, ProEngineer, Moldex/Moldflow, and Microsoft Office Suite (primarily heavy use of Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- This job will likely require travel inside the continental United States, Mexico, Asia, and Europe.
- Ability to communicate in wide range of environments and with a wide range of people in various disciplines.
The Project Engineer position is one that brings together all disciplines of Accudyn Product's to deliver results to our customers as well as continuously develop Accudyn's internal procedures and external procedures standings.
This position is located in Erie, PA and is to fill an immediate need.
Accudyn is an engineering driven custom injection molder specializing in tight tolerance manufacturing using engineered resins. Family owned and operated using state of the art equipment, Accudyn was founded in 1997 on the principles of providing high level of technical service to our customers while focusing on zero defect manufacturing and flawless delivery performance.
Our manufacturing locations in the United States and Mexico use certified quality systems while servicing customers around the world. Our manufacturing plants are organized and system driven to ensure that the processes that are used to manufacture your products are repeatable and robust.
Accudyn's mission is to efficiently and effectively meet or exceed all of your requirements and expectations by utilizing advanced engineering principals, employing continuous improvement activities, and involving our people.
From the management team to the operators on the manufacturing floor, everyone at Accudyn is committed to the ideals on which the company was founded. We believe that we have first rate engineering & program management; sophisticated manufacturing processes and certified quality systems but the people that use these tools and their commitment to exceeding our customers expectations is the reason you should consider Accudyn as your partner.