8 days ago
Johnsonville Sausage, the nation's No. 1 producer of brats, Italian sausage, smoked-cooked links and fresh breakfast sausage links, is a leader in the food manufacturing industry. The company's more than 1,400 members, known elsewhere as "employees," are dedicated to producing the finest-quality sausage. Johnsonville strongly supports each of its members in their efforts of continued growth and development, offering excellent opportunities for advancement, along with an attractive compensation, benefit and bonus package. We invite you to learn more about why Johnsonville was recently recognized as the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA) National Employer of the Year!
Johnsonville Sausage, LLC
The successful candidate will be expected to lead motivate, drive results, and facilitate learning for Members to achieve safety, quality, productivity, customer service, environmental, and sustainability results. In conjunction with this they will be responsible for building Leaders and Members along with enhancing ownership and personal accountability for the future. Lastly, the candidate will own and drive strategic direction for environmental, capital planning, project implementation, Process Safety Management (PSM), and facility infrastructure for the Countryside facility.
* Lead the development of strategic direction for the facility Engineering and Maintenance Teams.
* Coach and develop Leaders and Members to higher levels of success and responsibility thus creating readiness pipelines for your particular areas of responsibility.
* Lead efforts to develop and implement safety, quality, continuous improvement, and customer service programs throughout the functional areas you coach as well as act as a resource and ownership driver to the rest of the facility.
* Lead the asset management program for the facility to include maximum utilization, replacement, upgrading, maintenance, and tracking.
* Lead the strategic direction for all utilities to include ammonia refrigeration systems, infrastructure, and support areas within the facility.
* Lead the Process Safety Management (PSM) efforts for the facility.
* Own the environmental program for the facility in conjunction with leading continuous improvement efforts within this area.
* Own the capital planning process for the facility in conjunction with leading continuous improvement efforts, education, and Member engagement in the process.
* Lead capital and expense driven projects within the facility as well as act as Capital Coach and liaison to those other resources that may be driving projects that affect the facility.
* Assist the Countryside Team with the development of risk mitigation and accident prevention programs in order to minimize or eliminate risk to the Members and facility.
* Lead cross-functional teams comprised of various functional areas within the organization.
* Own the development of technically sound innovation solutions to plant operational problems.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field required for external candidates.
* 3-5 years of experience in the Engineering and/or Maintenance field strongly preferred.
* Minimum of 3-5 years of coaching and leadership experience in a team based environment.
* Strong coaching and leadership skills with the proven ability to motivate others and affect change.
* Experience in strategic planning processes.
Skills and Competencies:
* Knowledgeable in sanitary design principles and specifications
* Commitment to personal growth as well as the proven ability to develop those around you to higher levels of responsibility.
* Proven ability to successfully facilitate projects in a team based environment.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
* Proven track record of project management success
* Proven ability to drive results in regulatory compliance programs within the various governing bodies (OSHA, USDA, EPA, DNR, NEC, and Life Safety Code)
* Working knowledge of Excel, Word, MS Project (or equivalent project management software), and AutoCAD.
* Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities.
* Proven ability to drive continuous improvement and innovation
* Willing to take calculated risks.
* Demonstrated drive to achieve results.
* Learning agility
Travel: Up to 20%
Member Status: Ex. Fulltime, Salaried
How to Apply:
External candidate: Apply on-line only at:
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment.M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
North America, United States, Wisconsin, Milwaukee
$10k - $15k