about 1 month ago
Located in Kansas City, Kansas, Perrigo Animal Health, formerly Sergeant's Pet Care Products, specializes in animal health care products. Perrigo Company plc, a top five global over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical company, offers consumers and customers high quality products at affordable prices. From its beginnings in 1887 as a packager of generic home remedies, Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company is also a leading provider of branded OTC products, generic extended topical prescription products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri?. Perrigo provides "Quality Affordable Healthcare Products?" across a wide variety of product categories and geographies primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other key markets including Israel and China.
The Plant Engineer will coordinate and control plant maintenance activities to make efficient use of manpower and equipment in the plant for repair and preventative maintenance, while maintaining safety, quality, and sanitation standards as dictated by Sergeants policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordination and control of plant maintenance activities to make efficient use of manpower and equipment in the plant for repair and preventative maintenance, while maintaining safety, quality, and sanitation standards as dictated by Sergeants policy.
* Manage, develop, plan of maintenance SOP's to ensure proper repair and preventative of all equipment to ensure proper specifications are being met and maintained.
* Manage, develop, plan, and implement Maintenance Sanitation SOP's and Maintenance Master Sanitation Schedule.
* Must have excellent written, oral and computer communications skills to effectively communicate in person, through letters/emails/reports, and/or over the phone.
* Leadership of team members under your supervision to insure that they are advancing their understanding of their respective areas becoming prepared to step into other/higher leadership roles.
* Ensure that technicians maintain a level of expertise within their emphasis through training, SOP development, goal development, follow-up, and performance appraisals, etc.
* Participate in research and development for engineering and project management requirements on new and emerging products.
* Analyze, evaluate, and present information concerning factors such as capabilities, problems, trends, and design on new and existing plant and equipment for consideration by other members of the management team.
* Conduct communication meetings on a regular and routine basis with your team members and other members of the management team to coordinate functions and operations between departments, and to establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining objectives.
* Review technical problems and procedures of your department and recommend solutions or changes in procedures.
* Have a clear understanding of the Sergeant's Inc. Mission and its business, products and Quality goals/objectives
* Project Management and engineering of expensed and capital projects for plant process improvements, new plant equipment, and plant expansions.
* Review technical publications, articles and abstracts to stay abreast of engineering and technical developments in industry.
* Responsible for developing approved low cost vendors for maintenance supplies, continue to challenge pricing to provide best value to Sergeants.
Responsible for keeping environmental compliance related permits and inspection current, including but not limited to; boiler, waste water, air quality, fire system, and back flow prevention.
* Position will supervise all maintenance technicians.
* Position will have some budgetary responsibilities
* B.S of Engineering Degree preferable.
* Five years experience of project management preferred.
* Five years of experience in a manufacturing environment covering hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, PLC control, mechanical, boiler, high-speed equipment apps, and robotics automation.
* Two years experience in managing employees in maintenance environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge, application and ability is necessary.
* Constant walking and standing in the warehouse, manufacturing, maintenance and business office areas from eight to twelve hours a day, depending upon shift length.
* Sitting for two to eight hours per day, depending upon shift length.
* Requires ability to use hands, fingers and arms for keyboarding, filing, telephone work, and operating office equipment greater than 75% of the time.
* Position requires periodic working at heights. Must be able to perform this duty.
* Must be able to use tools, lifts, fabrication equipment if necessary to perform maintenance or other adjustments to the machine.
* Incumbent must not have food allergies; especially peanuts.
* Requires adequate hearing to receive detailed oral information over the phone, two way radio and in-person.
* Requires ability to convey detailed spoken information to internal and external customers individually and in groups, both over the telephone and in-person.
* Requires adequate visual acuity to use a computer screen and read written documents.
* Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds repetitively.
* Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature range is from 80 to 100 degrees F in the summer and 50 to 65 degrees F in the winter.
* Must not have food allergies; especially peanuts.
What We Offer
* A competitive base salary
* Convenient, southwest Omaha location
* Medical insurance with low premiums
* Voluntary dental insurance
* Voluntary vision insurance
* Company paid and voluntary life insurance
* Short and long term disability
* 401K retirement plan with up to a 3% company contribution and instant vesting
* Generous paid time off package including PTO and paid holidays
* Tuition reimbursement
* Medical and dependent care flexible savings account
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close