We're currently searching for a Pipeline Engineer for either our Taft, CA or Ventura, CA operations offices. This position is part of the Engineering Team, working with the entire Pipeline organization, to provide engineering and technical support necessary to operate our pipeline assets and the business in a manner that is safe, reliable and compliant with all applicable state and federal regulations.
In this role, you'll..
- Manage capital and expense pipeline projects
- Determine the relevant Engineering Standards for local operations and projects
- Ensure that the processes for design and construction of new facilities and the modification and maintenance of existing facilities meet the requirements of Engineering Standards and DOT requirements
- Creates procedures for repairs, relocations, removal and abandonment of pipelines
- Ensure projects incorporate applicable local standards and regulatory requirements and the application of approved procedures in every project involving contractors
- Provide engineering support for hydro tests, ILI inspections (smart pig) and pipeline repairs
- Perform risk assessments and manage engineering aspects of significant, temporary and permanent changes
- Analyze relevant data and perform stress and hydraulic analysis for pipelines
What you'll bring to the table.
- B. S. in Engineering or Science Degree from an accredited college required
- Licensed or chartered professional engineer desired
- 3+ years of combined technical experience in engineering, maintenance or operations
- Proven HSSE track record
- Strong knowledge of Pipeline operating and regulatory requirements with a preference for background knowledge of DOT regulations
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening