Primary responsibilities include modeling, configuration and delivery of Power Plant thermal performance monitoring & Industrial Internet suite of thermal performance analytics. You will work with Performance Engineering, Fleet Management, Reliability & Digital teams to support the delivery of software solutions. You will support the development of new applications & tools to improve capability, productivity & scalability of thermal software applications
In this role, you will:
- Support Big Data and Industrial Internet initiatives through modeling existing power plants using industry standard tools, validating results using engineering principles, and deploying to the central system
- Apply creative problem solving skills to develop solutions to product delivery and development challenges, or in support of business programs
- Deliver thermodynamic performance monitoring, controls and optimization solutions that meet the CTQs of our power generation customers.
- Configure, install, validate, and provide ongoing support for the online performance monitoring and diagnostic systems.
- Knowledge of ASME and PTC codes for plant performance.
- Use GateCycleTM software to configure thermal models to support the requisition of GE suite of thermal performance monitoring systems and big data/industrial internet initiatives.
- Perform engineering studies for Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Combined Cycle plant performance.
- Assist plant engineers in monitoring equipment performance, investigating potential performance and operational problems, and providing recommendations to maximize plant net revenue.
Develop thermal analytics with Matlab & Python that integrate with GE PredixTM and other Industrial Internet technologies
- Provide critical Engineering support for business programs (FastWorks, Simplification, cross functional engineering initiatives, etc.)
- Assist in development of new technologies and procedures, which will help reduce overall product cost & cycle
- Train plant personnel on use of performance monitoring systems.
- Travel to domestic and foreign power plants
- Coordinate with critical functional organizations to ensure proposed solutions are compatible with the unit, customer needs and design standards.
- Document technical data consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
3+ years of professional experience in power generation industry in the areas of integrated plant operations, thermal performance, advanced process control, or a combination of these
Strong power generation equipment design experience or operations & maintenance domain expertise
. Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
. Strong analytical skills working independently and in a team.
- Understand products, capabilities and limitations in sufficient detail to be able to develop offerings that meet customer needs.
- Experience in plant performance and systems operations
- Familiarity with power plant DCS and plant historians
- Working knowledge of thermodynamic modeling & simulation software
- Familiarity with testing and measurement systems and with data interpretation
- Experience working with customers.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Experience working with field data and information
- Working knowledge of Thermal modeling, analytic platforms & data visualization methods
- Coding & analytics development experience with Matlab, Python
- Controls & integrated plant operations across various plant operating scenarios
- Partners with business leaders to align strategic projects with business objectives.
- Understands products, capabilities and limitations in sufficient detail to be able to develop offerings that meet customer needs.
- Measures processes and performance through the customer's eyes.
- Able to work across functions to assemble and manage a project team to meet a defined customer objective.
- Assesses & prioritizes problems in relation to organizational goals.
Prior experience with program management
- Creates meaningful stories and communications that drive behavior.
. Learns and understands the business vision and openly and consistently follows it
. Provides input to all members of the team
. Displays good interpersonal skills - is accessible and approachable.
. Anticipates customer needs and ensures that they are met.
. Measures processes and performance through the customer's eyes.
. Communicates messages clearly and concisely.
. Builds loyalty and commitment.
Work location is Atlanta, GA.
About QuEST Global:
QuEST Global is an Engineering Solutions company incorporated in 1997 in Schenectady, NY, with current headquarters in Singapore. QuEST's culture, focused around the QuEST core values (Customer Focus, Change Championship, Accountability, and Teamwork) as well as our passion for engineering, has allowed QuEST to be recognized as one of the leading global Engineering Services providers in the world.
QuEST caters to multiple high technology verticals such as Aero Engines, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial Products, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Power Generation, Oil & Gas and Nuclear Engineering. Our portfolio of services and solutions covers all aspects of the product development and engineering process such as Product Design, Product Development, Prototyping, Testing, Certification, Manufacturing Support, Product Support (sustenance, repair, documentation, etc.), Product re-engineering, as well Consulting Services. With our diversified portfolio and geographic spread we have been able to conceptualize, design & develop, test, manufacture, certify and support different kinds of products worldwide.
QuEST Global Engineering has a Global Product Development framework that is anchored on a local-global approach to Product Engineering to ensure close co-operation between the customer teams and QuEST's Global teams. We have successfully implemented a network of collaboration across teams in 21 geographically dispersed engineering centers catering to an exclusive list of customers. QuEST is a unique company that has cracked the code for stitching multi-national engineering teams to work together as one team to serve our demanding customers providing high quality product design and engineering services.
QuEST is a global company and employs the best of talent across geographies India, North America, UK, Spain, Italy and Australia.
QuEST Global is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.