3 months ago
**Cumulus Media - **Washington, DC
**Who We Are:**
A leader in the Radio Broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 450 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports and entertainment, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, and the GRAMMY's. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, NASH Country Weekly Online, concerts, licensed products and Television / Video.
Assists the Engineering Managers with the installation, maintenance/repair of studio equipment, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Includes; assisting with telecommunications, computer and networking systems. This position is 4:30am ? 9:30am Monday-Friday.
* Reports directly to Engineering Manager.
* Maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
* Follows routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
* Performs necessary measurements of equipment performance
* Installs and performs maintenance on broadcast consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
* Assists with maintenance and support of computer networks and related systems
* Facility HVAC troubleshooting and operational maintenance
* Provide coverage in the absence of other engineering staff
**Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Working knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations preferred
* Computer literacy in or the desire to lean applicable software packages which may include (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, OpX automation, etc.)
* Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level preferred
* Ability to assist in troubleshooting and repairing AM and FM transmitting facilities
* Knowledge of electrical systems and the UPS and standby generators
* Troubleshoot HVAC systems problems and minor maintenance as needed
* Knowledge of telephone systems including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL and PRI circuits, and VOIP
* Interact with management and staff at all levels
* Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines and skills in prioritizing
* May be required to lift 50 pounds
* Minimum 2+ years in broadcast engineering or related field
**Education and Licensing:**
* Associates or technical degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience
* SBE Certification a plus
* Must possess valid state driver?s license and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance
**What We Offer:**
* Competitive pay commensurate with experience
* Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
For more information about Cumulus Media or to apply, please visit
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Department:* Engineering and Technical
*Location:* Washington, DC cdb354f0caa1cb3490bf65bd3
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
Senior IA Engineer
North America, United States, District of Columbia, Washington, DC
$10k - $15k
12 days ago
only 16 days until close