about 1 month ago
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we're encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, "What if?" Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, "together" can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB "together" also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And "together" means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. "Together" means that we are engaged in the communities we serve ? we live there ? and are committed to their growth and development.
The time is right to join HNTB Corporation!
HNTB Corporation is currently seeking an Office Engineer in our Richmond, VA office.
Under the guidance and direction of the Resident Engineer, is responsible for the maintenance and oversight of an organized and efficient document control system. Candidate should be familiar with VDOT document control requirements, as well as roadway and bridge construction practices and procedures. This position will require the candidate to perform inspections as needed to support schedule requirements, as well as assist the Resident Engineer in a variety of assigned tasks.
* Ability to maintain an organized and efficient file management system
* Ability to maintain project logs
* Ability to coordinate with contractors' staff, communicate effectively with all parties and good interpersonal skills
* Review inspectors' reports
* Recognizes basic construction or engineering problems
* Proficient in applying standard testing techniques and procedures for the verification of material
* Able to read and interpret complex plans, specifications, and shop drawings. .
* Able to work a shift schedule and/or flexible schedules as required to support the workload, as well as in inclement weather, heights, confined spaces and marine environments
* Able to lift 25lbs
* Performs standard mathematical calculations, including trigonometry
* Bachelor's in Engineering or Architecture required
* A minimum of 1 year of construction related experience on large scale projects required
* Valid driver's license
* Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Familiarity with electronic file management systems; Experience using SharePoint, contracts Manager and ProjectWise preferred
* Experience working on VDOT projects as an Office Engineer required; prior experience in the Hampton Roads District preferred
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
"EEO is the Law" Poster
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
North America, United States, District of Columbia, Washington, DC
$10k - $15k
7 days ago
only 21 days until close