Office Engineer/ Project Coordinator - Water Infrastructure Construction Engineer / Inspector
You must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in engineering;
- Possession of a valid registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of California;
- Possession of current Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in engineering or construction management, including verifiable experience in construction support services, and project coordination; and
- Possession of a valid driver's license in the State of California.
- A current Certificate of OSHA 10-Hour Construction Training is also desirable, but may be obtained after hiring.
- You are a professional with technical expertise as well as strong communications skills which will allow you to effectively and creditably communicate complex technical issues with our clients;
- You have significant experience on water and wastewater infrastructure projects;
- You are a Civil Engineer with significant field construction management experience;
- Ideally some or all of your experience is for clients located in the Sierras or San Francisco Bay Area.
- You are a strong technical writer.
- You enjoy direct client contact and professional networking.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are self-motivated and passionate about your work.
- You excel in an unconventional work environment. You enjoy working in varied locations, including job sites, at home, and in the office.
- You like work to be a mix of logic, creativity, real-world experience, and common sense.
We have a full-time Contract Employee opportunity to provide construction management and engineering project management support to a client public agency
The contract duration is anticipated to be eight (8) months. You would be working out of a client office in a beautiful area of the Sierra Foothills. The contract may be extended, and we would make every effort to find additional assignments for you once over. Future assignments may also be in the Sierra Foothills, or may require periodically reporting to our office in San Francisco or elsewhere in the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
The opportunity will have two roles of distinct capacities: Office Engineer and Project Coordinator. Each role will involve separate and distinct responsibilities as described below.
The Office Engineer role will assist the Resident Engineer in the administration of the construction management process, including the following construction support duties:
- Manages the submittal and RFI processes;
- schedules and documents project meetings;
- Coordinates progress reporting;
- Coordinates, documents and provides receipt acceptance of furnished equipment and materials from the Contractor;
- Coordinates turn-over of as-built record drawings, Operations & Maintenance Manuals, spare parts, and warranties;
- Manages the contract change order process including monitoring and tracking changes and claims resolution, and coordinating with the Resident Engineer on the identification of change requests to be incorporated into change orders;
- Manages the preparation of change orders, including record of negotiations and maintaining the contract files.
- Reviews application for payments and project correspondence to the Contractor for conformance with contractual requirements.
- Assists the Resident Engineer in contract closeout to ensure that all administrative and contractual requirements are met.
- Acts in the role of Assistant Resident Engineer, or acting Resident Engineer as needed.
The Project Coordinator role will provide project management support to manage and organize projects from start to finish, including planning, design, bid and award, construction, and closeout of projects. The Project Coordinator will perform the following support duties;
- Prepares and monitors project budget, scope, and schedule;
- Coordinates with other departments and agencies for regulatory and statutory compliance; and
- Other project management or engineering duties as assigned.
This position requires excellent communication, organizational, time management, and conflict resolution skills. Candidates must be self-starters with the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and milestones simultaneously.
Joe Hill Consulting Engineers is a growing water resources engineering consulting practice.
We are building a company that offers specialized consulting services to the managers of water and wastewater systems. Our focus is in getting operations right, recognizing the value in real-world experience in operating and maintaining complex water infrastructure systems.
We seek to build a team that believes in and is excited to live our Core Values and Mission. Refer to our Linkedin page and company website for details.