Direct hire, perm job. This is NOT a temp or temp to perm job. Location is Seaside, CA for a brand new, fully awarded 5 year government contract. Must be Citizen and have current Secret clearance. You do NOT need everything listed below to minimally qualify... just 3+ years of Network Engineering experience. Salary range up to $88,000 a year with full benefits or $54hr 1099, but will depend on experience.
DMDC serves under the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) to collate personnel, manpower, training, financial, and other data for the Department of Defense (DoD). This data catalogues the history of personnel in the military and their family for purposes of healthcare, retirement funding, and other administrative needs. The mission of DMDC can be summarized as follows:
- We collect and maintain an archive of automated manpower, personnel, training, and other databases for the Department of Defense
- We support the information requirements of the OSD for Personnel & Readiness (P&R) and other members of the DoD manpower, personnel, and training communities with accurate, timely, and consistent data
- We operate DoD-wide personnel programs and conduct research and analysis as directed by the OUSD P&R.
DMDC is headquartered in Seaside, CA. They have systems and personnel located throughout the DoD Defense Enterprise Computing Centers (DECC), both CONUS and OCONUS.
The network engineer will serve on the network engineering team to maintain network switches, routers, firewalls, and other security-oriented appliances internal to the large-scale network infrastructure and its daily operations. The candidate must have knowledge and understanding of various enterprise tools that would be used to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot the network environment. One of the goals is to improve the current state of the network as it relates to visibility into how the network operates, traffic patterns/trends, and causes of latency and/or network outages. One of the responsibilities of the candidate is to serve as senior resource and mentor to the current network team, providing technical expertise and information sharing on matters that are relevant to the current state of the as-is network, and the work that will be needed to reach the approved to-be operational end state of the campus-area network for the DMDC in Seaside, CA and its satellite locations.
Technical and Functional Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate should have at minimum the following qualifications:
- Serve as a network engineer on the DMDC Infrastructure Support Services Network Engineering Team to build and sustain a LAN/WAN and all layer 2 and layer 3 network devices
- Assist and guide the evolution of the DMDC LAN/WAN from the current design to accommodate increasing needs for new services and protocols
- Design, test, and implement methods to monitor and analyze the state of the network between core, distribution, and access layer devices, at both layer 2 and 3.
- Assist in the supervision of the daily operational activities of the network team
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on implementation on network configuration management, trend analysis, disaster recovery, and performance turning of all network devices in the DMDC enterprise environment
- Perform troubleshooting of problems and outages in support of all break-fix events to restore network services to the DMDC
- Perform planned changes to implement new capabilities, as well as make enhancements to the existing systems
- Participate in projects designed to improve network operation and integration with other enterprise management systems/applications
- Knowledge and experience with OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, QoS
- Knowledge and experience with layer 2 technologies
- Prefer if knowledgeable of F5 or NSX
- CompTIA SECURITY+ Certification is needed before start of work. Company will pay for the exam when candidate is ready after initial phone screen.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active Secret
- 5+ years experience
Additional Information about Position and Company
- Job location: Seaside, CA
- Company benefits:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical/dental/vision insurance
- 401(k) plan: up to 3% matching, no restrictions
- 3 weeks PTO
- 10 Federal Holidays
- Up to $100/month mobile phone expense
- Company-sponsored Long- and short-term Disability coverage at no cost
- Company sponsored basic Term Life Insurance coverage at no cost
- Hiring Referral Bonus
- Approved Annual Professional Training
National firm serving fortune 500 companies, leading government contractors and major associations.