The MRB engineer evaluates areas of non-conformance with regard to defects arising during the manufacturing process and as compared to the product definition requirements as defined by the part print. His role is to evaluate and provide a course of action with regard to the ultimate disposition of the part. For example, it may be used "as-is" with no corrective action, reworked to a condition that is acceptable for use, repaired, or scrapped.
Essential Job Functions
* Perform design engineering analysis of discrepant machined parts manufactured in an aerospace manufacturing facility.
* Analyze variations to part print specifications which effect part form, fit, and function. This analysis will include performing tolerance stacks, stress, metallurgical , aerodynamic, dynamic, NDT, and heat transfer analysis.
* Author and maintain Technical Analysis Reports associated with the disposition of discrepant parts.
* Capture and document root cause analysis for verified discrepancies.
* Work with suppliers to identify and implement rework and manufacturing process changes.
* BS or MS degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering.
* 5 - 25 years of relatable design and manufacturing experience required.
* Competent understanding of the inner workings of turbomachinery.
* Able to work in a fast-paced, learning environment to meet quick deadlines.
* Experience working with Operations/Process documents, procedures, and records required.
* Ability to read-interpret CAD based tooling, component, assembly drawings required.
* Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and Statistical Process Control required.
* Strong familiarity with high-end manufacturing equipment and processes (ie. castings, metal cutting, turning, coatings, milling, EDM, welding, sheet metal/ composite forming and joining, metal tube bending, castings, metal cutting, turning, coatings, milling, EDM, welding).
* Knowledge of manufacturing support processes and systems (ie. inspection, gauging, data collection, records & reporting, first article approvals).
* Experience with customer/supplier interaction preferred.
* Proficiency of the MS Office Suite with good writing skills.
* Experience with TeamCenter is a plus, but not required.
* Must have design experience with critical rotative and hot section components.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
* Mostly Office Environments. Occasional Shop Floor involvement
* Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
* Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
* Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
* Typical 8 hour days plus lunch/ 40 hour weeks/ core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
* Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
* Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions