3 months ago
Vulcan Materials Company, the nation's leading producer of construction materials, is looking for Mobile Maintenance Mechanic. Vulcan rewards top performers with career advancement opportunities and offers industry leading employee training programs and employee development.
Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts and much more!
Perform maintenance and repair of various types of mobile equipment. Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs.
* Candidate will be expected to diagnose problems and perform mechanical repair and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to heavy construction equipment.
* Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis.
* Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment.
* Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary.
* Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
Mechanics applying MUST have their own tools and tool storage. The company does provide a tool allowance.
The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed and expected for this position. Candidate may be assigned to duties other than those outlined above as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
Diagnostic experience of Engines, Transmissions, HVAC, electronics and Hydraulics, preferred. CDL is not necessary but also preferred.
* Must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
* Initiates and takes action before being required to do so; demonstrates ability to work under minimum supervision.
* Uses time efficiently and ensures job duties, issues and concerns are handled in a timely, appropriate manner.
* Communicates clearly verbally and in writing; listens carefully in an open,
candid, and consistent manner.
* Adheres to Company policies in regards to attendance and punctuality.
* Must have the ability to provide leadership to other employees.
* Must have mentoring abilities.
* This position requires knowledge and awareness of construction and industrial sites.
* Position requires ability to work at multiple sites and varying start times dependent on business needs. Some overtime and weekend work required.
* Must have the ability to work all shifts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close