about 1 month ago
The primary responsibilities of this position include preventative maintenance duties, inspection, diagnoses and, under limited supervision perform repair and maintenance task on mobile equipment.
In this position, the employee will also be responsible for limited operation of the heavy equipment in both production and diagnostic roles. Perform routine repairs and maintenance involving preventative care with lubes and scheduled oil changes, daily maintenance task recommended by OEM, through dis-assembly, overhaul, assembly and adjustments of equipment systems and components, to include air, hydraulic, electrical, steering, drive train, braking and all safety systems related to each piece of mobile equipment.
Work close with OEM service personnel with the training, operation, maintenance and repairs of new and old equipment to insure proper use and care of company assets. Work close with Vulcan Equipment Managers, Trainers, and Equipment Management Managers to insure that all Vulcan recommend Best Practices are implemented and followed with the operation and maintenance of all company mobile equipment..
Perform service and fluid level checks of equipment as recommended by service manuals and directed by supervisor. Evaluates operators' daily reports, listens to operators' comments, and provides feedback as appropriate. Assist with detailed daily entry and repair information of each piece of mobile equipment in to the Equipment Management System.
Safely uses hand tools, power tools, shop machines and hoists, welding equipment, etc. Performs simple cutting, fitting and welding tasks as directed. Performs mechanic helper and shop attendant duties as required and a various other duties.
* Interested and applicable candidates must have five years of mobile equipment repair and maintenance experience.
* Candidates must also have prior Heavy Equipment operational experience.
* This position will require some travel to various plants around the area.
* Performs duties safely, responsibly and proficiently.
* Must have Heavy Equipment Operator experience.
* Must be comfortable with limited travel and limited weekend work with OT.
* Maintains good housekeeping practices in plant, tool and shop areas.
* Maintains appropriate maintenance, safety and environmental reports and records.
* Performs a variety of duties as directed by supervisors
* Must have experience with the use of PC, lap top in a diagnostic role.
* Strong mechanical, written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to perform basic arithmetic, including but not limited to addition and subtraction of decimal and fraction equations.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
North America, United States, Georgia (U.S. State), Atlanta
$10k - $15k