3 months ago
**Mobile Service Technician Level 4**
The technician is responsible for maintaining the fleet for clients and to handle service calls at client locations. Provide service to our customers while maintaining exceptional customer service. This can include: cleaning, maintenance, visual inspection, and removal of parts and attachments. Installation with the help of proper manuals, report writing, disassembly, assembly, parts reuse evaluation, and reconditioning.
Rush Enterprises is a premier provider of quality products and services to commercial equipment users. We are customer-focused, people-oriented, and financially motivated to deliver excellent outcomes for customers, shareholders, vendors and our people.
We offer a rewarding career with a leader in the transportation industry. Grow with us as we continue to expand our network of locations and services. Rush Enterprises is always looking for good people to join our team.
1. Maintain all aspects of equipment according to company standards.
2. Handle basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with fuel, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed and documented as assigned.
3. Manage inventory control on the service truck and for keeping the vehicle properly stocked.
4. Report to the Service Manager and will be assigned duties on a daily basis.
5. Maintain availability for after-hours service calls and be available for an open work schedule.
6. Maintain and inventory the supplied tools for the work required in maintaining diesel engine trucks and associated equipment
7. Read job order and observes and listens to vehicle in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
8. Utilize various diagnostic equipment to determine malfunction and utilize available technical information to determine and perform correct repair procedure.
9. Diagnosis, removal and replacement of injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
10. Perform all necessary diagnostic and documentation functions on the company computer system.
11. Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
12. Lubricate moving parts and drives repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications.
13. Perform preventative maintenance work as requested.
14. Document and submit necessary paperwork or enter into mobile service program as work performed in an accurate and timely manner.
15. Respond to customer inquiries regarding the work. Foster positive customer relations.
16. Advise customer and/or service writer of any repairs or services which should be performed within the next 3 months.
17. Participate in training and utilize that training in the course of work.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement - all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude and integrity.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 7 years' experience as a Class 7 & 8 technician in a dealership or related truck service facility.
* Have a current and valid CDL and Medical card as required by the FMVS.
* Mechanical aptitude and technical ability is a must.
**Rush Enterprises (NASDAQ: RUSHA & RUSHB)** operates the largest network of heavy and medium- duty truck dealerships in North America. Its current truck operations include a network of locations throughout the United States. These dealerships provide an integrated, one-stop sales and service of new and used heavy- and medium-duty trucks and construction equipment, aftermarket parts, service and body shop capabilities, chrome accessories, tires and a wide array of financial services including the financing of truck and equipment sales, insurance products and leasing and rentals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
North America, United States, Kentucky, Louisville
$10k - $15k
14 days ago
only 14 days until close