We have an immediate opening for a Mid Level IT Consultant (Engineer). You MUST have 1.5 or more years' experience working with another MSP, in the small-to-medium sized business space. required.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary. Mid Level Engineers will work as part of our technical team, and are responsible for handling project management and execution, mid-level technical work, assuming the role of trusted advisor and IT consultant to our clients, and providing ongoing support of our clients' servers, workstations and network infrastructure. You must be adept at knowing which work to execute and which work to delegate to other members of our technical team. Mid Engineers should also be able to verbally translate technical needs into business benefits that clients understand.
The ideal candidate excels at managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, possesses strong time management and organizational skills, and works well with diverse personality types in various business environments and technical settings. The ideal candidate should enjoy leading by example and teaching other team members new skills.
* Clean criminal background.
* Current/active Microsoft certification; minimum MCP, but strongly prefer MCSE Windows Server 2003 or MCITP. Additional Microsoft, ITIL and other IT-related certifications preferred.
* Minimum 4 years of experience in IT support and networking with Microsoft Server systems, applications and disaster recovery planning and testing.
* Ability to travel daily to various areas within NYC/NJ
* Technology consulting and field-support experience at a Managed Services Provider (MSP) or Value Added Reseller (VAR) required.
* Accredited Bachelor's degree in a technical, engineering or business discipline preferred.
* Learn clients' businesses and how technology facilitates (or interrupts) their business.
* Manage our clients' networks proactively, as opposed to reactively.
* Evaluate, recommend and implement new hardware and software technologies as needed to improve customers' businesses.
* Provide on-call and reactive support services as requested by colleagues and clients.
* Document network environments configurations, policies and procedures.
* Plan, manage and execute client projects (e.g. network assessments, new software and hardware implementations, hardware/software refresh and implementations, etc.)
Required Software Skills
* Microsoft Server 2003, 2008, 2012
* Active-Directory management and Group Policy expertise
* Scripting and task automation
* Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013
* Microsoft SQL Server management and administration
* Virtualization technologies, including Hyper-V, VMWare
* Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Windows 8 Professional
* Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, Excel, Word, Access 2010
Strongly Preferred Software Skills
* Image-based backup systems, particularly StorageCraft ShadowProtect and offsite/cloud data-storage systems
* Data protection and business-continuance planning for disaster-recovery situations including planning, implementation and testing.
* Desktop-imaging systems and desktop-rollout processes, including WDS and StorageCraft
Required Technical and Networking Skills
* A thorough understanding of the OSI model
* TCP/IP network routing, communications ports (forwarding), configuring firewall rules, VLANs, etc.
* SonicWALL and Cisco firewalls expertise and/or certification
* Understanding, documenting and diagramming various network topologies and network infrastructure configurations (wiring, switching, & routing)
* Domain-name registration and modification, authoritative DNS host changes
* DNS record types, modifying records and migrating domains and/or DNS hosts
* Network printing and scanning via TCP/IP
* Working with technical-support services to develop solutions to problems with various products' support departments, including ISPs and hardware & software manufacturers
Our company is a growing Managed Services Provider (MSP), servicing small-business clients in the NY/NJ/Boston. We are seeking an individual who is friendly and outgoing, enthusiastic, and has the desire to excel in their professional and personal life.
Why work for our company?
We know that we could not exist without our clients. Our ideal candidate understands that clients always deserve the best. We offer a dynamic environment that's constantly changing, and are looking to attract a fun, energetic, and highly-intelligent team player who is motivated to continue growing as an IT professional.
Our core services include outsourced and fractional IT management, IT project management and implementation, day-to-day full-service IT helpdesk, IT support contracts, and managed IT services.
To be considered, you must reply to this job posting via email with:
* Cover letter detailing how you believe you can help our organization
* Your resume (in Word or PDF format), complete with educational background and employment history
* Available start date
* Desired Salary (please include a specific salary in order to be considered)