1) Mechanical Engineer, Aiken, SC ($60-80k with relo)
Basic function: Research, design, develop and implement solutions equipment that uses, transmits and converts power to produce product.
1. Determine the needs of the customer.
2. Research possible solutions in conjunction with the Electrical and Process Engineers.
3. Determine the cost and timing to implement the solutions and develop a proposal in conjunction with the Electrical Engineer.
4. Develop a Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis in conjunction with the Electrical Engineer.
5. Design the equipment in conjunction with the Electrical Engineer.
6. Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods to test properties.
7. Prepare bid specifications.
8. Research possible suppliers of components and services.
9. Requisition required components and services.
10. Supervise the equipment construction and installation.
11. Review equipment for safety, product quality, environmental impact, productivity and maintainability before release.
12. Document equipment including all layouts, mechanical drawings, hydraulic drawings, pneumatic drawings, safety instructions, operation manuals and maintenance instructions.
13. Train operators and maintenance personnel.
- BS in engineering (BSME preferred) and possess an extensive knowledge of machinery and plant systems from and
electrical and mechanical perspective.
-3+ years of applicable experience
-experience with rubber or plastics is preferred