As a member of the technical staff, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of projects from project initiation through project completion. This includes specification reviews, development project timelines and reports, design reviews,
documentation packages, quality control, preproduction builds and transfers to production.
* Develop product designs for new and existing equipment and produce system layout drawings to meet qualifications by reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
* Support the sales/quotation process by participating in customer site visits to evaluate the scope of the project.
* Participate in the in the internal proposal and quote process including brainstorming to develop solutions.
* Produce complete, accurate 3D models for all components using Autodesk Inventor according to specifications.
* Participate in both internal and customer design/safety reviews.
* Take on a leadership role if put into a project lead or quality control role on a given project.
* Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
* Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions or provide technical information.
* Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
* Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components or systems.
* Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendations.
* Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
* Develop, coordinate or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication or operation of product designs.
* Provide support for equipment set-up and debugging of current PHC equipment.
* Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
* Create product functional specifications, equipment manuals and training manuals.
* Create/develop improvement ideas to make engineering team and company more efficient.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum of three years of experience in the developing and design in of automated machinery, such as product/material handling equipment and conveyor systems
* Experience using AutoCAD 2D and 3D Modeling Software (Autodesk Inventor Preferred)
* Strong mechanical aptitude with a strong attention to detail
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong planning, organizational, time management and decision making skills
* Ability to work individually and as part of a team along with the ability to interact with all levels of a company
* Work well under pressure and have the ability to receive and handle criticism professionally
* Strong oral and written communication skill set with the ability to convey technical concepts
* Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while tracking own responsibilities
* Willingness to learn and adhere to department standards