about 1 month ago
MECHANIC TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT
Corporate Office ? Crane Services
San Antonio, TX
Zachry Group is seeking a Mechanic Technician Assistant to assist the Mechanic Technician in equipment, rigging and operational assistance on Lattice Crawler and Telescopic (Rough Terrain) Cranes. This position will require working alongside a seasoned technician to understand our programs and training requirements.
* Assist Senior Technicians in repair, assembly, disassembly, and general maintenance on departmental equipment to include Lattice Cranes, Rough Terrain Cranes, aerial Manlifts and Industrial Forklifts
* Assist with equipment repairs on small to large heavy industrial construction equipment and small to large cranes
* Assist with troubleshooting electrical, hydraulic, canbus/epic systems
* Assist with the assembly and disassembly of various cranes and heavy industrial construction equipment
* Understand and apply load rating on materials used to fasten on equipment and the safety requirement to lifting materials
* Work safely at various heights
* Travel to various projects in state and out of state to perform assembly/disassembly and/or repairs on crane and heavy industrial construction equipment
* Perform others duties as assigned
* Minimum of 6 months of rigging experience
* High School Diploma or GED; OJT or Apprentice Experience on Technical skills would be essential as a prerequisite
* Valid and current Class A CDL Driver's License
* Ability to climb on equipment unassisted to include tower cranes up to 200ft
* Mechanical experience/abilities, industrial construction related experience, mobile crane related preferred
* Technical intro to general knowledge on: Electrical, Hydraulic, Troubleshooting, Rigging and Operating Equipment
* NCCCO - Telescopic Boom Cranes - Swing Cab (TLL) Certification
* NCCCO - Lattice Boom Crawler Cranes (LBC) Certification
* NCCCO ? Rigging Certification ? Level I, Level II or Advance
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Ability and willingness to work in a hands-on environment and able to lift up to 75 pounds. Position will be based on maintenance sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots.
Capable of operating and functioning in a fast-paced work environment. Must possess a vision (corrected or uncorrected) that allows for clear visibility from a distance of 20 inches or less. Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on sites. On work sites noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells whistles and alarms.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Mechanic Technician Assistant position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close