Perform inspections, diagnose and perform mechanical adjustments, repairs and parts replacements for company, fleet and consignment vehicles and mechanical equipment. Additionally, provide support to auction operations by evaluating sale vehicles for the Run/Drive and Vehicle Starts portion of the auction and performing approved minor. Key Responsibilities:
- Inspect vehicles for damage, missing parts, mechanical problems and vandalism
- Diagnose problems and estimate repair costs according to appropriate guidelines
- Order repair parts as instructed and perform designated repairs (i.e. replace brake pads, rotors, radiators, gaskets, water pump, hoses, plugs, wires, distributor cap, switches, mirrors, knobs, tires, etc.)
- Perform minor electrical repairs (i.e. electrical components, power windows, power, mirrors, door locks, etc.)
- Check Run/Drive vehicles on sale day to ensure vehicles are operational or can start with jump box assistance
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance on company vehicles, fleet trucks and front end loaders (i.e. mechanical work on brakes, fuel pumps, alternators, air conditioning, oil changes, tire balancing and rotation, replacing batteries, etc.)
- Insure repair orders are completed accurately including use of current rates, labor and parts charges, and manufacturer updates and changes of vehicle requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
- Overtime required (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid Driver?s License and safe driving record required
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission
- ASE certification preferred
- Experience 2-5 years automotive/mechanical work experience required
Occasional exposure to weather conditions, fumes, and noise. Disclaimer:
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Cox Automotive Inc. is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, software, financial, wholesale and e-commerce solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. Committed to open choice and dedicated to strong partnerships, the Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader?, Dealer.com ?, Dealertrack?, Kelley Blue Book?, Manheim?, NextGear Capital?, vAuto?, Xtime? and a host of other brands. The global company has over 30,000 team members in more than 200 locations and is partner to more than 40,000 auto dealers, as well as most major automobile manufacturers, while engaging U.S. consumer car buyers with the most recognized media brands in the industry. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., an Atlanta-based company with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees. Cox Enterprises? other major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications and Cox Media Group. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit .
Organization : Cox Automotive
Primary Location : US-TX-Houston-8215 Kopman Dr
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job - This might be a staggerd
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Unposting Date : Ongoing
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of more than $17 billion and approximately 55,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, home security and automation, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions); and Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms). The company's major national brands include Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.
At Cox Enterprises we innovate and evolve in alignment to a set of values that remain constant. Year to year. Person to person.
Our Core Values:
- Our employees are our most important resource.
- We are committed to having a diverse workforce.
- Our customers are our lifeblood.
- We embrace new technologies.
- We invest in new business opportunities.
- We believe its good business to be good citizens.
- We are committed to helping shape a better world
At Cox we believe that bold action and staying true to our values has enabled us to create a thriving business. We believe in pushing the boundaries of what's possible.