3 months ago
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with more than 32,300 employees serving customers in more than 160 countries. With a global value chain that includes 428 crop procurement locations, 280 ingredient manufacturing facilities, 39 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at .
Mechanic II ? Lakeville, NY
This is a full-time, hourly position. Full time employees are eligible for a complete benefits package including: 401(k) with company matching, health, dental & vision insurance, and paid vacation accrual. This position will be mostly day shift but flexibility in scheduling is a must.
Safely apply person's general mechanical knowledge and personal tools to perform general repair and maintenance on semi-tractors, semi-trailers, and other types of equipment in compliance with DOT specifications. These employees have to meet all the qualifications and ability to perform the job duties of a Service Mechanic. A function of this role is to diagnose problems or record data electronically through the use of laptops or personal computers. Employees at the Mechanic II level will begin to design and fabricate specialty simple components that will be installed on equipment. This classification is also exposed to more of the confined space operations. The person holding this position has to work with minimal supervision. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
* Perform Annual DOT inspection on tractors and trailers.
* Assist in training of Service Mechanics.
* Perform general repairs and maintenance on all equipment.
* Troubleshoot fault codes both on tractors and trailers.
* Perform all the functions and duties of a permit required confined space requirement.
* Ability to perform A/C Freon recovery, recharging and repairs on A/C.
* Design and Fabricate.
* Perform service call break downs.
* Trouble-shoot and repair electrical systems
* Rebuild components.
* Maintain clean and safe work area
* Ability to read and interpret documents
* General math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and divison
* Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
* Good problem solving skills
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
12 days ago
only 16 days until close