3 months ago
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has since grown more than 400%. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
JOB TITLE: Mechanic - II
Under minimal supervision, the second level Maintenance Mechanic performs basic safety and repair procedures on company equipment, using basic hand tools and basic operations to include but not limited to: performing pre and post job equipment inspections and completing preventative maintenance and repairs.
* Must be able to perform and complete, without fault, all Essential Functions required of an entry level mechanic.
* Assist with equipment function checks at the facility.
* Refines equipment operating skills with various company specific equipment
* Develops skills to identify, maintain and troubleshoot company equipment including suspension, basic electrical and practical hydraulics (basic) through company and OEM training
* Enhances skills to identify, maintain and troubleshoot equipment -- gear boxes, clutch drive line, centrifugal pumps, steering and alignment through company and OEM training
* Performs maintenance on all equipment under minimal supervision
* Gains a familiarity with company purchasing processes and policies.
* Develops a basic understanding of Product Line specific equipment.
* Works under minimal supervision with little or no flexibility to work methodology.
* Possess knowledge of and complies with proper spill control, disposal fundamentals and petroleum/lubricant secondary containment
* Understands basic shop equipment and possesses basic shop environment knowledge, above and beyond hand tools.
* Has developed a working knowledge of the use and safety procedures for an overhead crane, rigging, overhung loads and lifting paths.
* Takes an active and lead role in mentoring entry level mechanics during repairs
* Continually emphasize safety. Participate or lead safety meetings, hazard hunts and ensures JSA's are followed.
* Know, follow and periodically review the requirements established by job policy and procedure. Follow established procedures and guidelines
* Report unsafe acts, conditions or hazards immediately
* Follow instructions given by supervisory personnel.
* Requires maintained eligibility to drive company vehicles.
* Develops an understanding of district goals and works towards meeting those objectives.
* Performs work on his/her own as well as provides assistance to other employees as directed.
* Must participate in all company provided training.
* Maintains compliance with public laws and company policies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Pass the company's drug screen.
* Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment". (if applicable)
* Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
* Acceptable criminal history.
* Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
* Must meet Competency Task List requirements for job role and complete Equipment Maintenance Task List demonstrating knowledge/ skill in the following areas:
* Cooling systems
* Bulk Air Systems
* Ability to identify low and high PSI iron
* Skills required for this position are typically acquired through completion of on the job training as an entry level Maintenance Mechanic.
* Must have attained 2 to 3 year on the job mechanical experience and/or completion of technical school in related field.
* Must possess basic knowledge of hand tools and equipment
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
* Licensure to drive commercial vehicles is preferred but not required.
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
North America, United States, New York
$10k - $15k
6 days ago
only 22 days until close